Cync Wi-Fi Smart Plug
- Smart plug imparts smart functionality to all your traditional bulbs, lights, fans, and other home devices
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Cync smart switches and smart bulbs (sold separately) installed in other fixtures for a all-round control
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant allow for a convenient voice control without the need for a bridge or hub
- Suitable for living areas, bedrooms, kitchens, dining areas, and more
- Works with the Cync smartphone app for a remote control and other settings
- Compatible with standard wall sockets
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 436 reviewers who responded, 372 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Not-so-smart plug- January 17, 2020
I had endless trouble getting this smart plug to work. Returned the first one and eventually the second as well. After countless emails and communication with C by GE's tech support, we could never get these plugs working. I researched and did so much troubleshooting on my own in between the communication with them and never got anywhere worthwhile. I consider myself to be very tech-savvy and it blows my mind how frustrating this was. Especially considering how something with GE's name on it would ever be this much trouble. I have no plans to purchase their Smart home products after that experience. I would not recommend this product.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the C-Reach!!- November 6, 2020
I’ve been using the C by GE system for years now with a few bulbs via the app. It wasn’t until I moved into a new apartment that I decided to add some more light bulbs and purchase a bridge to be able to use Siri/HomeKit. I had the C-Reach for only 5 days before it stopped working. Resetting didn’t work. After speaking with a GE Support chat agent, that I decided to try the Smart Plug. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SMART PLUG! It’ll save you all the headaches of the C-Reach and you’ll still be able to use Siri, Alexa, and Google Home. The broadband usage is low & the system now is seamless. You’ll be happy you purchased the Smart Plug!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works well with caveats- January 11, 2021
The device works as expected in conjunction with the Amazon ecosystem. It responds to Alexa and the Alexa device routines. The stand-alone C by GE app, however, is a bit of an abomination. From lax security, starting with imposing limits on passwords that make them incredibly weak, to being Bluetooth only, severely limits the app. I do have concerns that my Amazon account is linked to C by GE via this weak password. I did run in to one issue after a power failure where I had to manually reset the device to get it to work again. I hope this is a one-off and not indicative of what to do every time the lights blink around here.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.