Camera is good, support not so good
I bought this camera last week and have very mixed feelings, I like the camera but the app and support from D'Link is terrible.
I will start with what I like about the camera.
* The pan and tilt works great, especially from the live view in the app.
* The night vision works great, high quality video.
* The 1080 video is good and the sound quality from the mic is not too bad.
* You can mount set it on a shelf or mount it to the roof upside down, or it includes a bracket to mount on a wall.
* Hardwired, ethernet support.
*Cloud or SD recording.
Now, what I hate about this camera
* Set up, even if you are doing ethernet configuration, the setup must be done via blue tooth. I have set up a lot of smart home items in the past few months and they are all done via a WIFI, including cheap wall plugs, this is the first time I have seen bluetooth for set up. I guess normally this would be Okay, but my phone (a new LG6) could not find the camera. I was on the phone to DLink for quite a while and they where no help at all. I took the camera back thinking it was the camera that was defective. The second camera was the exact same. On the phone with Dlink again for an hour, still no help. I tried another phone (also a G6) and it did not work, tried with my sons G7 and it works fine. The camera now is set up and I can access it with my G6 via wireless and the DLink app, I can not make any major changes to the configuration because that has to be done via Bluetooth. The customer support kept giving me links to set it up via wireless directly, unfortunately it was for a different camera, the rep was getting mad at me because I could not follow the instructions, it was for the wrong camera...
* The package lists that the camera works with Google Home and IFTTT, the only command I can find for this is to broadcast a camera live feed to a chrome cast device. I have searched everywhere and I can not find a list of supported GH commands anywhere. The IFTTT support is Zero, when you connect your Dlink account, the ONLY thing you can access is support for D'Link power outlets.
* The D'Link app (this is a new app, Mydlink Smart, not Lite or Home) has "one touch" buttons that you "program" by selecting IFTTT like items that you program via the Automation section. There is zero documentation, tutorials or videos on how to do this, I have been a software developer for 25 years and had a heck of a time getting this to work. I wanted to hit the "one touch" home button and have the camera set to privacy mode, the away button to turn off privacy, record when there is movement and send me a notification, sounds simple, but had two days of trial and error. Going back to my last point, I would like a GH routine or IFTTT app that I can integrate the home/away buttons accessed via GH, you may be able to do it but I have not been able to find any support on how to do this.
*The D'link support website for this camera has broken links, every links does nothing.
*The SD card recording is a a hit and miss, it will record for a while, then stop recording. The app notifications says there is a recording, but when I click on it, it tells me there is an error, when I look at the SD card, there are no recordings for that date/time. The only way I can find to fix it, I set it to cloud recording, so a recording, then set it back to SD.
*The "Free" cloud recording it for one day only, if you would like to keep the recordings longer, you must pay a subscription.
*You can not download videos from the SD card to your phone, if you want to get a recording, you must take the SD card out, put it into a device (PC or your phone) and then copy it.
Besides the SD card issues, I love the camera; the app, support and setup needs a lot of work though. If it says GH support, tell me what I can do with it. If it says, IFTTT support, then actually has support for it. I would return