D-Link Wireless AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 Router (DIR-2640)
- Delivers blazing-fast dual-band AC2600 Wi-Fi (800Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1733Mbps (5GHz)) speeds and lightning-quick gigabit Ethernet speeds
- IEEE 802.11ac, 802.11n, and 802.11g Wi-Fi technology
- Includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports (up to 1000Mbps) for wired connectivity
- Features 4 x 4 high-gain external antennas, powerful dual core processor, SmartConnect technology, and Intelligent QoS Engine for traffic optimization
- Mesh technology lets you expand the coverage further by adding compatible D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh-enabled routers and extenders (sold separately)
- Voice control with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa provides convenient hands-free management of your network
- High-powered amplifier provides greater Wi-Fi coverage through your home
- MU-MIMO technology simultaneously streams to multiple devices
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports allow you to wirelessly access and share USB hard drive
- IPv6 ready to equip your setup for the future
- Enhanced Profile Based Parental Controls gives you the ability to create individual user profiles and their devices so you can set schedules, limit internet access, and more
- Guest access allows visitors to access the Internet, but not your home Wi-Fi network
- Automated Firmware upgrades maintain your router at peak performance
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) push button
- Support for wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- 24/7 basic installation support for additional help, if needed
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 10 reviewers who responded, 5 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- It sure looks good, buttttttttt.......- March 5, 2020
Yeah it looked pretty cool sitting there with it's 4 antennas. However I give it on it - the internet connection was 100%, but the WIFI was so flaky it just could not be counted on. To top it off, after configuring it as an Access Point, it turns out there is no way to manually get it to access the NTP servers - but still flaky on the WIFI. Configuring it as a router worked great in the setup, but once again the WIFI was way flaky. Flaky meaning that it shuts down the WIFI at random times, and sometimes within a few minutes of each other - later it might run for a few hours without a problem. So, it's going back to BB.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Stay away from this router- September 21, 2019
The router is big mess,USB file transfer is slow over Ethernet,Wifi Range is terrible,Drop of network constantly. Keep in mind I had this router for only 4 days and had 4 different cases open in regards to these issues. D-Link Support was terrible were careless of the issue one rep told me "This is what you get with this product" word for word i even have the transcript. Support page is useless since as of Sept 21,2019 the links don't work for this product. I returned this product and replaced it 3 times and finally gave up and went with a ASUS router. Do yourself a favor and avoid this product and the headaches with D-Link Support who do not want to help you.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Happy with the D-Link AC2600 Router- August 18, 2020
I wanted a mesh network and as I already owned one D-Link DAP-1820 range extender I purchased another DAP-1820 to try and improve my wi-fi coverage around the house. At first I used the two DAP-1820's with my old router but after several configuration attempts the network was just not stable. So I upgraded my old Asus router to a D-Link AC 2600 router which offered mesh network connectivity if used with compatible D-Link products such as the DAP-1820 range extender. I've now got a true mesh network and happy with the range and stability.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report