Danby 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner - 9000 BTU (SACC 5000 BTU) - Black
- Three-in-one portable design includes built-in air conditioning, fan, and dehumidifier modes to ensure optimal comfort in your room
- 9,000 BTU of cooling power can cool spaces up to 150 sq. ft.
- Two powerful fan speeds with 2-way directional airflow help achieve optimal air circulation
- Dehumidifier with direct drain continuously removes excess moisture to maintain optimal humidity in your space
- Single-hose design exhausts warm humid air out to keep your room cool
- Electronic controls with LED display make it easy to select settings and adjust the temperature
- Remote control allows you operate the unit from the comfort of your couch
- 24-hour timer lets you set the timer based on the number of hours you want to keep the unit running
- Auto restart automatically restarts the unit when power is restored after a power outage
- Reusable, washable air filter allows for easy cleaning
- Built-in handles and casters let you move this air conditioner easily from one room to another
- Power Cord
- Window Kit
- Remote Control
- Owner's Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 19 reviewers who responded, 12 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Be prepared to deal with a lot of water- August 13, 2021
I moved into an apartment building that doesn't allow window air conditioners, I had to buy a portable one. This being the only one in stock anywhere at the time was my only option. After running it for a week I noticed a small amount of water pooling on the ground. I then drained it from the bottom drain and also from the continuous drain and filled a milk jug in minutes. Since then I had to purchase a 10L bucket and run the continuous drain emptying the bucket at least twice a day here on Vancouver Island. Yes it does cool but it is maintenance required. Next year I will get an auto evaporate unit now that I know.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Does your air conditioner require algaecide?- July 6, 2021
I've had the unit for ten days, and while the CONDENSER may have saved us in the first 7 days of 32°C plus - LET ME TELL YOU: if you set up the "continuous feed" drain - because the Owner's Manual says the unit MAY SHUT DOWN if the internal drain pan becomes full (risking the SAFETY of you and YOUR PETS) - you will haul upwards of 6 litres of water a day to the bathroom, in Edmonton! Next up, in less than ten days, after noticing a horrible stink, you will discover this thing develops swamp rot, even though the exhaust hose is properly set up! Turns out you should open the housing and add a tab of ALGAECIDE to cope with this problem. I never should have sold my previous unit - it worked beautifully out of the box, and no one ever heard of these issues.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report
- used over the course of 3+ summers, still going- June 28, 2021
i have had this unit for 3 summers now and it still works wonderfully. the only problem i have, which is why i give it only 4 stars, is that it blows air only out of the left side. i don't understand why there is a chunk of plastic blocking 3/4 of the vent. it also needs to be elevated or have a fan running to help the cool air rise on the super hot days which is to be expected for a portable a/c and doesn't bother me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- An absolute piece of junk- July 30, 2021
Not only did it arrive 2 days later than advised, but it is very ineffective. My bedroom is 10 x 12, so 120 square feet and it took forever to cool down. The biggest problem is the fact it sounds like a passenger jet revving its engines prior to take off. The noise is so loud it was almost impossible to get to sleep and after finally dozing off, I woke about an hour later and had to turn it off. A total waste of money. I regret not spending more and getting a decent product but live and learn. Having already spent my money on this one, however, its no longer an option. Buyer beware.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (6)Report
- I like it- July 7, 2021
Ok, so most people know that portable ac are not as great as window models. It is was it is. But I run a tower fan beside it osculating. It does wonders for my area of approx 300 sq ft. The remote works great. I clean the filter screen regularly. Also don't forget to run it on fan mode at end of season for several hours. I bought it last year and It's not to loud for me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report