Danby Dehumidifier - 50-Pint - Black
- 50-pint (23.6L) capacity effectively controls humidity, mold, and mildew in spaces greater than 3000 sq. ft.
- Smart Dehumidify function automatically controls the humidity in the room by factoring the ambient temperature
- Electronic controls and a LED display offer 24-hour programming and make it easy to control the fan speed (low or high)
- Automatic de-icing feature ensures ice doesn't build up on the coils while the low-temperature feature lets the dehumidifier run in temperatures as low as 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Direct-drain system and auto restart feature allow the dehumidifier to run continuously
- Four integrated castors make it easy to move the dehumidifier from room to room
- Washable filter can be reused
- Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 12 reviewers who responded, 8 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Works great but only for 1 year.- August 31, 2021
I liked that this dehumidifier worked great and was quiet. It was not durable though. After a year, just when the warranty was expiring it started accumulating ice on the back coil and stopped working. Repair shop recommended by Danby said unit is toast and can't be fixed. I've been waiting for a month for Danby to send me a replacement unit and I got lucky the one I bought broke down a few days before the one year warranty deadline. I will not buy again and just returned a second unit of the same model I had bought days before the first one broke down. Not worth almost $400 with taxes if it only lasts a year.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Worked great, doesn't now.- August 22, 2021
We bought this product in August of 2020. It worked amazing and kept our basement nice and dry! However, EXACTLY one year later the machine began to accumulate ice on the coil, and no longer works to lower humidity. It was cleaned regularly, it didn't mstter. It's rendered useless now. Luckily we got it on sale, glad we didn't pay full price.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Really drys a place out- July 22, 2021
The 50 pint Danby units do a great job of getting moisture out of a room. I set them at 40% and they can do it. They are about 57dB when running - which is low to average. The air filter doesn't seem like much but it's easy to access and clean. I bought 2 of these Danby units this year to replace 10 and 20-year-old units. They are carefully packed and set up easily. Best Buy has the best price and they deliver.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report