Dell 8x External DVD/RW USB Slim Drive (429-AAUX)
- External disc burning and disc playing solution
- Plug-and-play Slim DVD +/- RW optical drive connects to any standard USB port
- Lightweight, compact design makes it perfect for small workspace or use on the go
- Pre–loaded with CyberLink Media Suite to make it easy to easy to play and burn DVD/CDs, or install disc–based computer programs
- Powered via your system's USB port, so no batteries or power cords are necessary
- Dell USB Slim DVD +/- RW Drive
- USB Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 4893 reviewers who responded, 4535 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Future is now.- August 24, 2020
While it is early for me to review my new Dell Inspiron 14" 2 in 1, I have enjoyed being active on a computer after an extended hiatus. The Microsoft Windows edge is intuitive and helpful. I was very glad that I had signed up for Dell support. The Dell support team were very knowledgeable and efficient in setting up the computer. I would still be working on loading the programs.. I am confused by frequently being asked if I want to upgrade or down load something. I can't tell if it is a required feature or if I am being sold something I do not need. These extra addons could have been putoff for a month or two. I would be less confused.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes I am one of those who still copies CDs- June 10, 2018
I know in this day and age no one uses optical drives anymore but I am a person who still uses CDs because it's another source of data back up because hard drives and ssd's can still fail when saving data so I decided to buy an external dvd burner to continue to copy data on to CDs. This drive works just like any other optical drive but keep in mind this external USB dvd burner uses 2.0 speeds so it's a tiny bit slower compare to a regular SATA optical drive but it works just fine as it does what I need to do. I should add here this drive doesn't need a power adapter as the USB 2.0 cord powers it on when you connect it to your laptop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great laptop with awesome features!- January 30, 2019
I bought this a month or so ago. I use a Dell Latitude at work and I like the feel of the keyboard. However, I wanted an upgrade at home (because I can control that!). I wanted a better graphics card and more RAM, but with the same great feel! And I got all of it from the Precision. For all it packs in, it's not heavy; plenty of USB ports, a long-lasting battery, and a beautiful screen. The SSD is fast (better than my 5-year old laptop). I highly recommend for people looking for a great all-purpose laptop, with the ability to run high-end graphic software. I bought it so I could do those programs if I wanted (I'm not right now).Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.