Denon AVR-S540BT 5.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
Power to perform
- 70W power capability per channel (RMS) provides the right amount of power to create that perfect movie theatre experience in the comfort of your own home
- 5.2 channels include five full bandwidth channels and one low-frequency effects channel to bring quality picture and sound to your television
Exceptional picture quality
- 4K Ultra HD 60Hz full-rate provides exceptional picture quality without lag
- HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility and HLG support allow crystal-clear viewing of your favourite movies and shows
- 4:4:4 colour resolution offers bright whites and solid blacks for fantastic contrast
- Five HDMI inputs and one output to easily connect your favourite peripherals
- HDCP 2.2 support on three HDMI inputs for copy-protected content
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music streaming from your smart devices
- Compatible with HEOS Link for multi-room music streaming from all your favourite sources
- Conveniently play MP3, WMA, FLAC, and MPEG-4/AAC audio tracks with front panel USB input
- Four Quick Select buttons on the front panel stores your preferred audio settings for each source
- Easy out-of-the-box experience with Denon guided setup assistant, award-winning advanced Graphical User Interface and the Denon 500 Series Remote app
- Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for seamless control of your AVR with your iOS or Android device
- Sleep timer allows you to set it in 10-minute increments (up to 120 minutes)
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 839 reviewers who responded, 786 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
Ease of Use: Excellent
- The Jury is still out on this one- July 28, 2018
The receiver itself is great for what it is, however, I purchased this device to replace an older receiver that i used in my main room entertainment center. I replaced because we moved to a 4k TV and needed the 4K passthru. The receiver worked great after the first setup ... BUT , it seems to have an issue with syncing to the TV. I was told by the rep that it works perfectly with my Sony X900f ... But every time the TV gets an update, I must manually unplug the receiver and plug it back in to get it back syncing(turning on and off with the TV remote) .. this is a bit of a pain .. hopefully its a software issue thats soon to be fixed.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great receiver aside from certain things- December 21, 2019
love the receiver, aside from one main issue. I have my PS4 hooked up to it as well as my tv. So essentially it's the main source for all of it it pushes the sound from my ps4 to the speakers and also sends the video to the tv. Every so often the screen will go black because it does some certain thing. it's like it changes modes or something. it's a big issue when I'm online gaming as well. I'm all for someone telling me how to solve this problem because that is my only issue with the machine. the pcm and dig. lights go off and that's what causes the tv to go black and then 2-8 seconds later they come back on and the image is back.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does a lot more than I needed it for!- August 10, 2019
Bought this on sale to replace a dead receiver at our summer beach house. Paired it with some Klipsch indoor/outdoor speakers and it sounds fantastic. The Bluetooth feature will get lots of use and functions flawlessly so far. This receiver does way more than we will use it for. Surround sound capable, we just have the stereo speakers hooked up and the TV still sounds great thru it. The FM feature actually gets some use as there are a couple decent stations in our area. So far, it is working great and even though we aren’t using it to it’s full capability, we have the ability to expand if we want to. Great value on a great product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.