Denon AVR-S540BT 5.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
Power to perform
- 70W power capability per channel (RMS) provides the right amount of power to create that perfect movie theatre experience in the comfort of your own home
- 5.2 channels include five full bandwidth channels and one low-frequency effects channel to bring quality picture and sound to your television
Exceptional picture quality
- 4K Ultra HD 60Hz full-rate provides exceptional picture quality without lag
- HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility and HLG support allow crystal-clear viewing of your favourite movies and shows
- 4:4:4 colour resolution offers bright whites and solid blacks for fantastic contrast
- Five HDMI inputs and one output to easily connect your favourite peripherals
- HDCP 2.2 support on three HDMI inputs for copy-protected content
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music streaming from your smart devices
- Compatible with HEOS Link for multi-room music streaming from all your favourite sources
- Conveniently play MP3, WMA, FLAC, and MPEG-4/AAC audio tracks with front panel USB input
- Four Quick Select buttons on the front panel stores your preferred audio settings for each source
- Easy out-of-the-box experience with Denon guided setup assistant, award-winning advanced Graphical User Interface and the Denon 500 Series Remote app
- Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for seamless control of your AVR with your iOS or Android device
- Sleep timer allows you to set it in 10-minute increments (up to 120 minutes)
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 937 reviewers who responded, 877 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good, but tech help can be better.- January 10, 2021
I purchased this for my brother who is not electronically savvy. He was upset about not getting a full, printed manual. Even I had trouble connecting the arc connection. Nowhere did I see that I could have connected HDMI out on the receiver to the DVI (HDMI) on the tv. I purchased a optical co-axial cable for nothing. Trying to call Denon was little help. The call backs were over an hour. Most of this I attribute to Denon. Long story short, I ended up taking it back. My brother will try to find an old-school one. I would have purchased this for myself, but fortunately I have a modern Panasonic receiver with all the connections we need.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Jury is still out on this one- July 28, 2018
The receiver itself is great for what it is, however, I purchased this device to replace an older receiver that i used in my main room entertainment center. I replaced because we moved to a 4k TV and needed the 4K passthru. The receiver worked great after the first setup ... BUT , it seems to have an issue with syncing to the TV. I was told by the rep that it works perfectly with my Sony X900f ... But every time the TV gets an update, I must manually unplug the receiver and plug it back in to get it back syncing(turning on and off with the TV remote) .. this is a bit of a pain .. hopefully its a software issue thats soon to be fixed.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great receiver aside from certain things- December 21, 2019
love the receiver, aside from one main issue. I have my PS4 hooked up to it as well as my tv. So essentially it's the main source for all of it it pushes the sound from my ps4 to the speakers and also sends the video to the tv. Every so often the screen will go black because it does some certain thing. it's like it changes modes or something. it's a big issue when I'm online gaming as well. I'm all for someone telling me how to solve this problem because that is my only issue with the machine. the pcm and dig. lights go off and that's what causes the tv to go black and then 2-8 seconds later they come back on and the image is back.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.