Denon AVR-S960H 7.2 Channel 8K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver
Efficient power for impressive entertainment
- Network AV receiver with 90W of power per channel (RMS) at 8 ohms (20Hz-20KHz, THD: 0.08%, 2-channel driven) delivers immersive 3D audio that ensures a realistic entertainment experience
- 7.2-channel system allows for a variety of speaker arrangements as well as a 5.1.2 surround sound home-theatre system with Dolby Atmos elevation speakers or dedicated overhead speakers
- 8K-ready design lets you enjoy high-quality movies with 8K/60Hz pass-through and visual-rich games with 4K/120Hz pass-through without any lag
Amazing 3D audio
- DTS:X immersive audio reproduces sounds that naturally occur in the visual space for a lifelike, 3D audio experience at home
- Low impedance driver capability offers high operational stability for a wide range of speakers to deliver balanced, high-quality audio
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X technologies deliver immersive audio by creating virtual height effects for 7.1, 5.1, or 2.1-channel speaker arrangements
Equipped with top technology
- 8K HDMI video section (6 in, 2 out) supports 4:4:4 Pure Colour subsampling, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), Dynamic HDR, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through to ensure your content appears in precise visual detail
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) technology supports 3D audio formats directly from your TV's apps to the AV receiver
- HDCP 2.3 technology processes copy-protected content to view in HD quality
- Auto Eco mode automatically adjusts the power output to the speakers based on volume levels and the on-screen eco meter for efficient power consumption in real time
- Audyssey room calibration technology automatically optimises the AV receiver by measuring your listening area to deliver crystal-clear audio with reduced echo and disturbance
- Supports Wi-Fi connectivity and with built-in HEOS, you can stream your favourite tracks from Spotify, Tidal, and other music services (subscriptions may be required)
- Bluetooth connection and Apple AirPlay 2 compatibility let you pair your Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, and Apple devices for streaming wireless music
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri, Josh.ai, and Control4 SDPP offers easy control of the amplifier with voice commands
- Front-panel USB audio input makes it easy to connect storage devices like pen drives to enjoy high-resolution audio files including MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, and DSD 2.8MHz/5.6MHz
- Includes a variety of ports for connecting different audio and video devices to the receiver
- Denon Setup Assistant makes setup easy by visually guiding you step by step through the installation process
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 342 reviewers who responded, 299 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Gave denon a try- January 16, 2021
Tried this receiver for a couple weeks it replaced a Yamaha 7-1 receiver. I liked the set up and screen walk through. Did not like the sound though sounded muffled up front for tv. Tried different settings and speaker levels helped a little but not enough. The other issue I had was the zone 2 hook up. In order to hook up my patio speakers on zone 2 I would only be able to run a 5-1 speaker configuration. Tried to contact denon emailed some questions about hooking up the patio speakers they didn’t answer my question asked for my answer never heard back so I returned the denon and bought a Yamaha . I guess stick with what you know!!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with my refurbished AVR-S960H- August 3, 2021
Purchase a Denon refurbished receiver Avr-S960H, saved about $150.00. Box was neatly wrapped, manual is on line, but you can download it, be prepared its close to 300 pages. Back to the receiver, I set it up 5.1.2 the atmos setup. I used the adjustments write out of the box except for the center speaker and the 2 back speakers. I increased the center speaker distance by 2 feet, and 2 feet subtraction for the back speakers. I have had several receivers in my life ranging from onkyo to pioneer elite and I have to say this had the best overall sound..I'm very happy with the purchase and recommend the refurbished receiver if you are looking to save some money.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works but has faults- April 17, 2021
I got this specifically to pair with my PS5 and LG CX OLED. When changing the input to 8K (which is also default for 4k 120hz) it usually does not have display on the TV or audio through surround sound for PS5 initially. I have to turn the receiver off and back on then it works. I contacted Denon about it and they advised it's an issue on their 2020 models. Not a big issue, just annoying. With more receivers coming out this year with HDMI 2.1 I'd recommend passing on this one and getting something different which works 100%. Also, the remote doesn't have lights for the buttons which is an inconvenience for use in the dark.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.