Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (Switch)
Available online only
- Latest entry into the Disgaea franchise follows the story of Zed, a zombie who is second only to the God of Destruction
- Super Reincarnation, 3D visuals, and adjustable gameplay settings deliver an exciting experience for new and old fans of Disgaea
- Meet quirky characters, explore chaotic worlds, and experience the power of sibling bonds and determination
- Over-the-top tactical combat with intense attacks and multiple allies deliver non-stop action
- Customisable gameplay features include Auto, Retry, and Replay to accommodate a wide range of players
Number of Players
- Game Cartridge
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 37 reviewers who responded, 35 would recommend this product.
- Is it Disgaea, or Disgaea lite?- July 31, 2021
I've bought and played every Disgaea. The last one Disgaea 5, had so much stuff. The number of classes, monsters, magichange, etc. It was actually intimidating. Disgaea 6 simply doesn't have the some number of systems. Whether this is good or bad is going to be a matter of personal opinion. The gfx are no 3D instead of sprites. You get more but less at the same time. Lets same team attacks, in Disgaea 6 you can have 10 allies join attack at once... but you get no fancy cutsceen of your group bouncing around an enemy. All you get when it triggers is just the faces of everyone participating pops up for a second. Overall fights are faster and may have bigger numbers, but maybe Disgaea 6 has less charm then its prior installments.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The addictive, neverending grind!- July 1, 2021
If you're new to Disgaea, this strategy RPG is alllll about the grind. Constantly leveling up your units in a hundred different systems with infinite dungeons and outrageous special moves. The sheer complexity is the appeal, the never-ending grind is the draw. If that sounds like fun you may have just found your new favorite series. The addictive gameplay is right at home on the Switch. Story is pretty much an afterthought though, and graphically it's not very impressive.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great entry!- July 26, 2021
Another great entry in the Disgaea series. Lot's of great humor and of course the great tactics battle system and grinding. I was a bit skeptical of the switch to 3D graphics but I think the graphics look great. There are some minor frame rate dips but given the tactics combat, it does not hinder the playing experience. I highly recommend this game to new and returning Disgaea fans.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.