Facebook Portal TV Smart Video Calling with Alexa - Black
- Facebook Portal TV lets you make smart video calls to friends and family with Messenger, WhatsApp or Zoom, even if they don’t have Portal
- Smart Camera and Smart Sound adapt to your movements and take into account what's going on around you to keep you in frame and coming in clear during video calls
- Compatible with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp (requires a smartphone; additional registration and fees may be required) to connect up to 3 people with WhatsApp and up to 7 people with Messenger
- Story Time and AR effects bring children's stories to life with lighting, ambient, and AR effects, plus add fun to video calls with AR masks and more
- Superframe displays photos from Facebook, Instagram, and you phone's camera roll on your TV when not in calls, plus provides birthday reminders and shows which contacts are available so you're always able to stay up-to-date on everyone
- Facebook Watch lets you and your friends enjoy programming together while in video calls so you can have movie night any night, anywhere
- Amazon Alexa built-in for handsfree use, plus you can check the weather, enjoy your music, get the latest news, and control your compatible smart home devices right from your Portal TV
- Privacy features are readily available with simple, clear controls
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 721 reviewers who responded, 645 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great product for the price point- January 4, 2020
The camera does a great job of tracking movement and people for a $100-150 device. The interface is easy to use, my and my wife's parents haven't had an issue. Fantastic way to keep family involved in our son's life from a long distance. The ability to put a physical cover over the camera and a microphone/camera disconnect button are good piece of mind. Also love the light indicating it is infact off. While I won't confuse this with a $1,500 videoconference system, it is a great value. The ability to turn off Alexa service and collection of data in the setup and later on makes this a product that will be appreciated by a larger audience.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs fast internet- November 14, 2020
Purchased this to video chat with my brother on the other side of the country. He had one and it worked great. I loved how it followed you as you moved or zoomed in if you were sitting down or zoomed out if you had a group of people. I also loved the fact that the voice and video could be blocked when not in use for privacy. I found it worked ok enough but kept freezing or pausing or pixelating the video. Turns out my dsl is not fast enough for it. This product needs the fastest internet possible. He goes through his cable provider. I think if you had true high-speed internet, like from Infinity, etc., you wouldn't have a problem. I returned mine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...with a few bugs- February 12, 2021
Seems a little buggy, I have to restart it basically every time we use it. That said, it works great and as described in the videos. If you have folks spread out in a big room, it will stay panned out. However, if you have only one person...it will zoom nicely and follow the face. There’s also a focus feature where you can select a face and it will ignore the others. This is nice for when one person in a large group is trying to talk. Our girls love the games and silly mods to play with grandma...and grandma has got it figure out too. The messenger rooms feature is another great thing because of the large screen! Overall we are very happy.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.