Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) - Digital Download
Available online only
- Downloadable content is non-refundable and non-returnable. When you purchase this item an electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc., normally within 24 hours after completing your purchase. You will not be shipped a disc or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order.
Lead the resistance
- Test your mastery of tactical warfare across a long campaign of grid-based battles
- Master iconic character classes, including Paladins with heavy armor, airborne Pegasus Knights, bow wielding Archers, and more
- To stop the war and unify the continent, you'll have to balance the needs of an army of soldiers with unique stats
An epic tale reimagined
- Blends a strategic mix of modern and legacy Fire Emblem gameplay, including permanent death of characters
- Explore 3D dungeons on the world map and unearth every hidden secret
- Fully voiced cinematics and story dialogue conjure up a stirring tale of loss and triumph
Number of Players
- Digital Code
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 591 reviewers who responded, 575 would recommend this product.
- A Great Remake- May 26, 2017
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for Nintendo 3DS is a complete remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden, a Famicom game that never got a stateside release. From top to bottom, this game has been completely modernized. The game looks great on the 3DS' dual screens with sprite-based 3D top-down battlefields and fully-detailed 3D battle scenes. It plays incredibly well and deftly manages to balance challenging difficulty with accessibility. The dungeon crawling breaks up the turn-based gameplay and keeps the strategy RPG from getting monotonous. This is my first experience with a Fire Emblem title, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- FE GBA finatics will be disappointed- June 17, 2017
I bought this game to support the Franchise. The biggest part I was disappointed by: The maps seem fairly large with not nearly as much strategy as past entries that made it to NA. I started with FE: (Blazing Blade) and that remains my favorite. A large portion of this is the weapons triangle in most recent entries feels off kilter. I like the story layout and organization. So the reason I'm giving this a rather low rating, is because I got pretty bored by Stage III, however someday I'll go back and finish this b/c I know an epic conclusion to the story awaits me. No amazing Critical animations found here!!! Bring back amazing criticals IntSys!!!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking compared to previous titles- May 26, 2017
I've played a decent amount of Fire Emblem games and while I still enjoy this one to a degree, it is not what I expected. This is a remake of an older title, Gaiden, and seemingly due to them remaking that older title, they've removed many major mechanics from more recent games and simplified others. The weapon triangle is gone, your mages can just tank whatever for a good portion of the game, maps are smaller and generally require little to no strategy to easily win without any losses. I feel I may have enjoyed this game more had I not played other FE titles before, but as it is, it just feels like a weak addition to the series.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.