Garmin 56 1440p HD Dash Cam with 2" LCD Screen & 16GB SD Card - Only at Best Buy
- Compact and discreet size dash cam can be hidden behind a rear-view mirror or installed on the windshield
- Wide 140-degree viewing angle offers a better view of the road
- Records 1440p HD video in all lighting conditions
- GPS-enabled with an Incident Detection feature that automatically captures and records video with time and location details in the event of an accident
- 2" LCD display allows you to easily align and operate the device
- Integrated Bluetooth technology and Wi-Fi connectivity for software and safety cam updates and file sharing with compatible devices
- Integrated microphone lets you control the device via voice commands by saying "Ok Garmin"
- Travelapse feature captures a fast-motion video of your driving
- Use the Garmin Express App to easily update the red light camera and speed camera location alerts when you need to
- Built-in G-sensor and accelerometer detect unusual changes in direction in case of an accident and automatically save the data for use later on
- Driver assistance settings like Camera Placement, Forward Collision, Lane Departure, Proximity Alert and Go Alert act as additional safety measures
- Parking surveillance mode enhances protection when your vehicle is parked (parking mode cable sold separately)
- Loop recording continues recoding even when the memory is full
- Dash Cam Auto Sync allow you to install and use up to 4 cameras in the same vehicle to get view of multiple points using the "picture in picture" mode in the Garmin Drive app
- Optional audio recording to gather even more detail in your recordings
- Includes a 16GB SD card to meet your file storage needs
- Dual USB cable with upward or downward to charge the dash cam
Connectivity & Media
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 12 reviewers who responded, 12 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- This is the BEST front facing Dashcam- August 20, 2020
When it's on sale for $199, this is the best Dashcam you can get for front facing. The adjustable connector to the mount is perfect for angling the camera around for optimal view. The SD card is on the bottom so it's easy to take out and put back in. The display is perfect for any notifications the Dashcam shows. Not stunning bluray quality, but the dashcam is good enough to pick up most license plates at day and night. The Lane Departure and Red Light Camera warnings are the primary reason this dashcam is amazing. These 2 features make it absolutely worth the $199. This is the only Dashcam I would ever recommend to someone, it's borderline perfect.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Seems like a good product at a good price- October 2, 2020
I have used this camera a couple of weeks. I reviewed the videos from the micro SD card on my PC. Pretty easy to use and video is good. The basic voice control works to start a save and travel lapse. I found the control buttons a little confusing and a little difficult to see the controls after I affixed it to my windshield behind the mirror. It’s also difficult to see the video on its screen because if the angle depending on light. Too bad I can’t detach it. Seems a good quality build. I also have other Garmin products. Generally good. Comes with everything you need (except an SD adapter - easy and cheap to get but I would have liked it on hand to start). Ptreety easy to ron the wire. Good cigarette adapter with double connector that allows me to still charge phone or play songs from USB drive. The app is good.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Solid Product- May 17, 2020
Very easy to install. I was able to use a USB plug in my glove box to power it rather than the cigarette lighter making it basically hard wired. The lane departure and front collision warning are surprisingly accurate. They are great to have if your car is missing these features like mine. The voice controls are also very responsive and useful. I was comparing this with the Next Base 522GW. I chose the Garmin because it is smaller and more discreet, has 4 simple control buttons rather than a touchscreen, and most importantly came is a USB powered cable rather than a cigarette lighter only one. Also I like that the Garmin can warn you about speed cameras and it can pair wireless with up to 3 other Garmin cameras. The Nextbase requires physically connecting additional cameras from my understanding. Overall I prefer the Garmin . The Nextbase has a touchscreen and Alexa but both of those are not really necessary as the screen looks buggy in videos and I already have Google Assistant on my Android Headunit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (6)Report