Garmin Approach S40 Golf Watch with Preloaded Courses - Stainless Steel/Powder Grey
- Golf watch measures shot distance, tracks your activity, and provides you with course information to help you improve your score
- Preloaded with 41,000 courses from around the world with front, back, and middle of the green yardages
- High sensitive GPS lets you know where everything is, helping you make the best shot
- Bluetooth technology syncs to your device letting you receive like texts, email, phone calls or other alerts
- 1.2" illuminated touchscreen colour display features a 240 x 240 resolution for clarity
- Built-in digital scorecard makes it easy to keep track of every game
- Rechargeable battery life offers up to 15 hours in GPS mode, and 14 weeks in watch mode
- Compatible with the Garmin Approach CT10 (sold separately)
Activity Monitoring Features
- Approach S40
- Charging Data Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
- A few bugs- August 21, 2019
There are a few bugs in the system. It takes a LONG time to find the course to start. Sometimes it will keep score correctly; other times not so much. Very inconsistent with whether or not it shows the distance of each shot; at least one or two holes it doesn't ask for score for that hole. Loses contact with my phone in a short distance. I would like to have the flexibility to choose what notifications I receive while playing and not every notification on my phone. Would like to receive only phone calls and texts, but no way to turn everything else off. Overall, I like the watch - I would appreciate these bugs being fixed.
- so far so good- May 26, 2021
Just got my S40, never had a golf watch before but i have started to play more and i was getting annoyed looking at my phone app all the time. Played 3 rounds with S40 so far - found that once i got it set right (enhanced settings) it is easy to track my score, putts. drive accuracy, etc....and i like the "shot tracking" that shows up in the Garmin phone app, so that after my round i can see where i hit the major shots (i.e. it doesn't show short chips or putts) - but that's very helpful info (ok it's depressing to see i'm not hitting 300 yards but i guess i knew that!!). so, so far so good with the S40.
- Hard to use while playing- April 13, 2022
There are some features I like -- particularly how far you have hit each shot. But trying to use that feature while playing is somewhat difficult. In my case, when I go to hit the club I used it often uses the wrong club (clumsy finger?). And then you have to use the app to correct those clubs (assuming you can remember what club you used). Also, just today, the watch kept vibrating telling me my phone was disconnected?? I never connected it so I don't know what is happening. But it was very annoying trying to play with the vibration. In conclusion I feel the watch has not lived up to my expectations.
- Time will tell- May 23, 2021
I have had this watch for 3 days now. I haven’t had a chance to test it on the course yet so yo write an honest opinion would be somewhat unfair. I will say so far that I had a heck of time figuring how to get text messages to show up on my watch. We’re all set now with that! A couple of times I had to restart phone and watch for it to connect. That’s annoying! And I wish I could download different faces for the watch but from what I could tell there is no so much luck. So far I like the watch! It’s sleek and lite weight. I will see how it performs on the golf course soon.
- Functional with plenty of features- August 20, 2019
I've had the S40 for a few months and it's pretty nice... Battery is good for about 2 rounds ( if you play consecutive days)... My particular watch takes a little bit of time locating satellites, but once it finally does it functions well. I have used it through many rounds and it's been very reliable very comfortable and easy to use... Very happy with my S40 and I would recommend to anyone looking for a golf watch.. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the battery could last a little longer and locating satellites can be a struggle sometimes.... To me it's a 4.5 star watch