Garmin DriveSmart 5" GPS (DriveSmart 51 LMT-S)
- 5" LCD touchscreen features 480 x 272 resolution with a dual-orientation display that navigates you through daily commutes, long-range road trips, and everywhere in between
- Bluetooth connectivity lets you manage calls hands-free
- Voice-activated navigation allows you to stay focused on the road
- Helpful driver alerts keep you on track to safely and efficiently reach your destination
- Choose between bird's eye and photo view modes to suit your preferences
- Live traffic updates give you the information you need for speedier routes or time management to reach your destination
- Up-to-date content for the most accurate, quickest routes
- Trip advisor suggests points of interest along the way with up to 8,000,000 possibilities provided by Four Square
- Also includes junction views and up-ahead features with milestones
- Provides lane guidance when paired with Garmin BC 30 wireless back-up camera (sold separately)
- Mounts directly to the windshield for effortless installation
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 922 reviewers who responded, 828 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
Ease of Use: Good
- Nice but has a lot of flaws- March 21, 2019
It’s a nice unit with some really cool features but it doesn’t function the same way as your phone gps would. It will at times have me drive through the city when the highway is faster. It will have me take weird side streets instead of known major roads. The voice command is finicky, I asked for directions to a store that was right around the corner from my house and I was given directions to the same store but on the other side of the state, literally on the east coast of Florida, I live on the west. All In all I wouldn’t buy this unit if I were you. If I were to do it over again I would have gone with a different brand.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Very Reliable- June 4, 2018
For the longest time I used Waze for directional guidance, but I noticed that over last year, it wasn't performing as well as it used to, especially for long distance trips. I decided to purchase a new Garmin (my old one was about 10 years old). I hadn't planned the model I bought, but it provided a few extras that I'm glad I did get it. It bluetooths to me mobile phone and gives me real time traffic, traffic cams, weather etc. I took a long distance trip, about 600 miles, and ran both my Garmin and Waze. The Garmin was more accurate and provided a much faster route. I would definitely recommend this product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- GPS unit with excellent features- July 24, 2017
Used it for a 4 hour long drive to DC, and it clearly guided through the confusing streets there. Best features for me are: (i) It shows restaurants, gas stations and ATMs as dropped pins on the live map (which helps in planning better) (ii)WIFI software and map updates made it easy and hassle free without touching my PC (iii)Traffic updates when connected to bluetooth smartphone (this part required a little bit of work as I needed only traffic and no other bluetooth features) (iv)Extra clear guidance on most scenarios including lane indication, red light camera alerts, curve alerts etc.. Overall a great buy.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.