Garmin Instinct 2 Solar Tactical Edition 45mm GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Coyote Tan
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
Support for your active lifestyle
- Tracks calories burned, steps, distance, running, elevation, and sports to help you reach your activity goals
- All-day health monitoring for heart rate, energy levels, stress, sleep, pulse ox, women's health, and more let you keep tabs on your wellness
- Fitness age feature uses your age, BMI, activity levels, and more to estimate how old your body is in terms of health
- Preloaded activity profiles support running, biking, swimming, strength training, and other workouts
- ABC sensors include an altimeter for elevation information, barometer to track weather, and 3-axis electronic compass to enhance your hikes
- VO2 Max takes your history and environment into account to indicate how you can expect to perform
- Recovery time function lets you know when you will be recovered sufficiently for your next workout
- MTB Dynamics track your mountain bike metrics, including Grit and Flow measurements with a score to help push you further
A tactical advantage
- Compatible with night vision goggles (sold separately) so you can switch easily from daytime to nighttime views
- Stealth mode instantly stops storing and sharing your GPS position and also disables wireless connectivity and communication
- Dual-format GPS coordinates provide latitude and longitude references for the ultimate in situational awareness
- Projected waypoints function lets you set and save remote positions for future navigation purposes
- Jumpmaster mode calculates high-altitude release points based on military guidelines and leads you to your destination once you've jumped
- Tactical activity monitoring shows you your time, pace, time of day, elevation, and location in both coordinate types
- Kill switch immediately wipes all user memory in the event of a security issue
Connected on the go
- Pairs with your smartphone so you can receive notifications, alerts, and phone calls right from the watch
- GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo support give you access to multiple global navigation satellite systems to guide your hikes, runs, bike rides, and skiing trips
- Trackback Routing guides your return trip along the same route back to your starting point
- Connect IQ store lets you download custom watch faces, get new apps and widgets, and add data fields right from your smartphone
- Incident detection features alert your emergency contacts to your location when the watch is paired with your smartphone
- Bluetooth Smart technology enables convenient and reliable wireless connections
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 28 days of life depending on use and unlimited life with solar power in smartwatch mode
- Garmin Pay mobile payment service lets you make contactless payments easily from your smartwatch
Stylish and rugged
- 45mm case with a 176 x 176-resolution monochrome display makes it easy to read your stats and information at a glance
- Silicone band closes with a metal clasp for a safe and secure fit
- Fibre-reinforced polymer case is topped with chemically-strengthened, scratch-resistant glass for lasting good looks
- Thermal-, shock-, and 100m water-resistance keeps the watch safe in nearly any environment
Health Tracking Features
Activity Monitoring Features
Notifications & Controls
- Charging/Data Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1 reviewer who responded, 1 would recommend this product.
- Almost perfect- March 15, 2022
I’ve had the watch for about a month now with daily use. It’s awesome you can be a very involved user with activities and goals for almost anything you do. Or as minimal as you would like. The solar charging is awesome I’ve only charged it once this month and that was only to get the watch to full charge to start. The one thing from this being the perfect watch is I wish it had an anti reflective face coating. I bought this over the other garmins for the “tactical” features like nv mode jump modes and kill switch. Even with all of that I’m slightly paranoid that my watch could slide out of my sleeve and signal to everyone where I am with a reflection.
- almost five stars- May 20, 2022
The Instinct 2 is less bulky, that was my first impression, and it's edges seem more refined than it's predecessor. So it looks and feels a little more classy but I'm feeling confident it has retained it's strength and resistance to the elements. The battery level and solar charging have improved, at least so far as I can tell and that was a selling point for me. One thing I noticed is that the screen detail is not visible at some angles, and although not a major issue, I really don't understand why that should be. If you use the watch a lot, as I do, it is a noticeable difference from the first Instinct, at least this particular Solar Tactical is.
- Great Watch- March 7, 2022
This was my first Smartwatch purchase. Still getting used to it and it has a ton of features. I am concerned about the plastic face holding up over time and I wish it had color. However, I would not be willing to give up battery life for that feature.
- Perfect EDC Watch- May 17, 2022
I received this as a gift from my wife and I absolutely love it. I previously had an apple watch and I was looking for something that was tougher, had more data to share per activity, and also the leading factor which is a longer battery life. With this watch I can now properly track my sleep, all my outdoor and indoor activities and am safer along the way too. Being able to rely on the GPS getting me out without my watch dying half way out is huge. I thank you Garmin for all the hard work put into this watch and I am not a Garmin Wearer for life! Cheers
- Hate To Take It Off My Wrist- March 21, 2022
This is really the perfect smart watch. It keeps track of my running, shows how My fitness level is progressing, is hooked to your telephone so you won’t miss a call and it is tough. Additionally, the battery lasts a long time. I went on a week long trip and with the Solar charging was only down one day of battery when I came home. The alarm also woke me up every morning. Compared to the rest of the Garmin line it is sanely sized. It is really everything you need.