GE 5.5 Cu. Ft. High Efficiency Front Load Washer (GFW550SMNDG) - Diamond Grey
- Front-loading design is gentle on fabrics and allows you to stack a washer and dryer to maximize space
- 5.5 cu. ft. capacity accommodates large loads for the whole family
- Built-in Wi-Fi provides real-time updates and allows you to stop, start, and monitor your laundry from anywhere
- UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock eliminates excess moisture to keep your washer fresh and clean
- Dynamic Balancing Technology (dBT) rebalances uneven loads during the spin cycle for quiet operation
- Microban antimicrobial technology provides protection against microbes, load after load
- 10 wash cycles and 5 temperature options deliver the perfect wash for any load
- When pairing with a dryer, choose one with approximately twice the capacity of the washer
- Dimensions: Width: 71.12cm (28"); height: 100.97cm (39.75"); depth: 81.28cm (32")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
- Use and Care Manual
- Installation Instruction
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 3460 reviewers who responded, 3276 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great washer- February 2, 2021
I replaced my Maytag Bravos X washer with this one when it no longer worked. I was skeptical about a front loader because of all of the issues people complain about with smells. I have to say I am impressed that it does not get a musty smell. I do leave the door open and the detergent door open while it is not in use so that helps but I do like that after an hour of airing out, it is dry. I also like the vent feature so I don’t have to worry if someone shuts the door when they are done using it. We do a lot of laundry in my house(about 30-35 loads a month) and it does not wake the baby sleeping in the next room. I would recommend this washer.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good features, could use a few more.- May 10, 2021
The washer works great. My previous two washers were Maytag, but having to disassemble the washer to get to the coin trap was the last straw for Maytag. This one has an easy access coin trap door and microban gaskets on the door and soap tray to prevent mold and smells. Slick. It also has wifi so it can text you when the laundry is done. My only peeve is that the small load function states it’s for a couple of shirts and maybe a pair of pants. If it had a “half load” button it would be perfect. You can also had extra water to a load if needed for large comforters and such. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks but am very happy with it so far.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's quiet, huge capacity, and love smart dispense- April 14, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I love my new washer. It's quiet, and it holds a lot. It has many functions and different cycles, which I love. But I think the function I love the most is the smart dispense. It dispenses the right amount based on the amount of clothes in the washer. Sometimes we just have muddy shirts/shorts because my kids were outside playing. I can throw them in there and not have to measure out the amount of detergent. The blue rubber gasket does have a strong smell at first, but after a few washes, it went away. The only complaint, and it is minor, is the color of the door. I wish it was see clear and not black so I can see the inside better.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.