GE 7.8 Cu. Ft. Gas Dryer (GFD55GSPNDG) - Diamond Grey
- 7.8 cu. ft. gas dryer offers plenty of room for larger loads and bulky items so you'll spend less time doing laundry
- Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to start and stop the laundry from anywhere while receiving real-time notifications and updates
- HE Sensor Dry uses dual thermistor technology that continually monitors temperature and moisture to prevent overdrying
- VentBlock Sensor alerts you when a blockage or restriction is detected in the vent
- Sanitize cycle raises the temperature to kill bacteria and sterilize your clothing
- Damp alert provides a signal when your delicate clothes reach an ideal dampness level for ironing or air drying
- Quick dry option allows you to dry small loads and other items fast, ideal for when you're in a hurry
- Wrinkle care helps to prevent wrinkles by extending the tumble without heat
- If pairing with a washer, choose a dryer with roughly twice the capacity of the washer
- Dimensions: Width: 71.1cm (27.99"); height: 101cm (39.76"); depth: 81.3cm (32.01")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
- Use and Care Manual
- Installation Instruction
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1915 reviewers who responded, 1830 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- It works- March 5, 2021
It's only been a few weeks. Surprisingly, the preprogrammed cycles don't completely dry a load of laundry. Found several damp spots when I would pull the laundry from the dryer. The machine also doesn't allow you to start the pre-programmed cycle over again because the sensor will automatically turn it off since it doesn't detect a certain level of moisture. So I had to use a manual speed cycle to finish the job. I now automatically select "more dry" with all the drying cycles to add time, which seems to eliminate those damp spots within the load. Other than that, not any better than my previous dryer (another brand). It is bigger though.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Love this dryer!- August 20, 2021
So I purposely looked at bunches of reviews and got the dryer down to this one and an LG dryer. Then I just couldn’t make a choice so I left it with my hubs. He opted for GE and I’m so glad he did. This one does not have the steam feature and I thought I would miss it but honestly I don’t. The real chuckle came when I was trying to clear out the lint catcher and couldn’t get my hands in there too Swype it out till, I luv my hubs, he comes and says, ya know this thing pops wide open. Sigh. Anyway happy with the dryer. It seems like it’s dries much quicker than my old dryer although occasionally I need to add 10 mins on the timed dry.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dryer- December 7, 2020
This Dryer is great, efficient, and lots of features. A little pricey but worth it if it’s within your budget. It’s has a very large capacity which then makes this a large appliance and stacking this combination makes it very tall and if you are shorter than average it might be a little difficult to operate the control panel. I did originally stack these when I first installed them, however my wife asked me to install side by side as it was just a little to tall to see the dryer control panel. My only complaint is the design team did not incorporate a chrome ring around the door for an identical match of the washer door.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.