Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator - 396 Wh
Get reliable portable power for cabins, base camps, or power outages without the nasty fumes and loud noise thanks to the Goal Zero Yeti 400. This power generator lets you directly charge USB devices, AC-powered tech, and anything requiring 12V DC. This 400Wh power pack can be recharged with a wall charger, car charger, or compatible solar panel.
You knew you forgot to bring something. Fuel for the generator. Normally that would mean no power. But, not this time. You were smart enough to bring your Goal Zero Yeti 400 solar generator. All of the creature comforts you brought with you easily powered without the smelly fumes or rumbling noise of your gas generator.
From your smartphone and laptop to your electric cooler and lantern, the Yeti 400 can charge and power them all. Dual USB ports let you keep mobile devices topped up; 2 AC inverters to power any device that plugs into a regular wall socket; and the 12V DC port with car adapter keeps your cooler powered so your bevvies stay cold and your hotdogs fresh. And if the Yeti 400 runs out of juice, simply hook up a Goal Zero solar panel and charge it up.
What you need to know:
- Direct charging: The Yeti 400 has 3 ways to charge your devices: USB port, 12V car port, and AC inverter. The USB port has a 5V output up to 2.1A (10W max), regulated. The 12V car port outputs 12V up to 10A (120W max), regulated. The AC inverter has a 110V output, up to 2.6A (300W continuous, 600W surge max), 60Hz, pure sine wave.
- Charges most devices: This power generator can charge USB and 12V devices with low to medium power needs, including smartphones, action cameras, headlamps, handheld GPS units, DSLR cameras, tablets, laptops, and more. Charging a device with the Yeti 400 takes the same amount of time to charge as it does from the wall.
- Charge devices simultaneously: The Yeti 400 has dual USB ports, allowing you to charge 2 USB devices at once. A 12V port allows you to power anything that requires a direct current (DC), such as lights or a cooler.
- Dedicated AC inverters: Connect your devices to the AC inverters for power, just like you would plug them into the wall.
- Battery capacity: The large-size battery has a capacity of 400Wh (12V, 33Ah), offering lots of power for charging a variety of devices. A headlamp uses 4Wh for up to 100 charges; a smartphone uses 5 to 7Wh for over 30 charges; a GoPro uses 5Wh for over 70 charges; a digital camera uses 8Wh for over 20 charges; a tablet uses 25 to 42Wh for over 10 charges; and a laptop uses 50Wh for 3 to 5 charges.
- Powering up the generator: Charge the Yeti 400 in 5 hours using the wall charger or 13 hours using the car charger.
- Store the sun for later: You can also use a Goal Zero solar panel to charge the Yeti 400, but charging times will vary: Nomad 20, 40 to 80 hours; Boulder 15, 53 to 106 hours; and Boulder 30, 26 to 52 hours (each sold separately).
- Portable design: Get go-anywhere power for base camps, cabins and unexpected outages.
- More power: The Yeti 400 can be chained together with another Yeti 400 power pack (sold separately), allowing your devices to charge faster.
- Advanced LCD display: See amps, volts, watts, amp hours, and watt hours for both power input and output.
- Low battery indicator: The Yeti 400 will chirp to alert you that the battery is low and needs to be charged.
- Maintenance: Keep the Yeti 400 connected to a power source, such as a solar panel or wall outlet, while in storage to prolong the battery life. If you can't keep the Yeti 400 plugged into a power source during storage, fully charge the Yeti 400 every 3 months. Failure to maintain the Yeti 400 can result in battery damage. Store it in a cool, dry place.
* Check out other popular solar gear that saves the day while camping or during power outages.