Google Chromecast (3rd Generation) - Charcoal Grey
- Stream from your phone to TV by simply plugging Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV
- Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more, all while using your phone as you normally do
- Compatible with over 1000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, and Google Photos, letting you view shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more
- Chromecast and Google Home work seamlessly together, so you can choose what you want to watch from compatible apps and control TV hands-free by saying "Ok Google"
- Chromecast offers an easy and affordable way to expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 10891 reviewers who responded, 9783 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Review of Chromecast- April 29, 2020
I really like this product!! Saved me during this quarantine. I have an older TV in my room, and it works perfectly. You can cast Netflix, Disney Plus, Cineplex, anything playing on your Google Chrome browser, ect. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that sometimes it takes a few minutes to establish a connection. Also, sometimes you will be casting something and you cannot access it on the app-so you're forced to get up and replug the Chromecast in again. I've only had it for a month or so, so I do not believe that there should be issues like this. If you do not have a Smart TV, I strongly recommend this product!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Created Smart Mirror with it- July 17, 2020
I bought this as an alternative to using Raspberry Pi for a smart mirror - and it's great. For $30 you can stream any computer or mobile device to your TV and control the sound and playback. It's not a Roku or Apple TV or Fire TV which manages your 'stations' and such. It just lets you Stream Cast (or ChromeCast) whatever device you have to the ChromeCast (provided the device supports chromecasting - all Google Chrome browsers do and most mobile apps do). Love it. Worked first time out of the box and very easy to set up. Innovative and simple. It probably should cost 33%-50% less. But $30 is not bad.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW- June 30, 2021
Pretty nice and stuff. Great for my 8k TV that I found in a dumpster. For real tho very convenient.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for regular TVs- August 12, 2020
It's the perfect device if you don't have a smart TV. Can stream photos, files on the laptop, Netflix, YouTube. Works best if you have Google home, just have to tell it to play the shows and it does. Can stream right from your phone while also using it and it doesn't consume phone's battery asp the device connects directly to the site to start streaming. Would recommend it to anyone.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Good Device for TVs- March 16, 2019
Much faster device than the 1st generation. Can actually use to view YouTube Tv!!!! Most Smart TVs don’t have the YouTube Tv. This is very important if you pay for that subscription! Hope the next generation device, comes without a power cord. Didn’t see the need for it! Guess it’s all part of the plan to keep us ( the consumer) to keep spending $$!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.