Google Chromecast with Google TV - Snow
Unlocking a treasure trove of content
- Get access to all the movies, TV shows, music, and streaming entertainment you love in high resolution (up to 4K HDR) via Google TV and Android apps, or by streaming from a compatible device (note: subscriptions may be required to access all content; 4K content requires a 4K-capable TV and a reliable internet connection)
- Cast directly from your phone or tablet to your smart TV with ease
- Get personalised recommendations based on your subscriptions, viewing habits, and content you own
- Home screen puts your movies and TV shows from all your services in one place, so you don't have to switch from app to app to find your favourites
- Watchlist makes it easy to mark content so you can view it later
Control at your fingertips and via your voice
- Stream content directly from your compatible Android or iOS smartphones and tablets, Mac and Windows laptops, Chromebooks, and other devices
- Voice remote lets you use your voice controls and Google Assistant to search for specific shows, display recommendations, control the volume, switch inputs, play music, and more
- Dedicated YouTube and Netflix buttons on the remote give you one-press convenience (note: subscriptions may be required)
- If you can't find the remote, use other Google speakers and displays (sold separately) to control your TV with your voice
Stunning video and audio quality
- Supports resolutions up to 4K at 60fps and high dynamic range (HDR) for stunning picture quality
- Even if you don't have a 4K-enabled TV, Chromecast delivers the best possible visuals for your TV
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10+ support ensures images with impressive brightness, contrast, and colour
- Support for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos (pass-through) enables high-quality audio when it's available on your content
- Pair with compatible Google speakers (sold separately) to fill your home with sound, and control everything using your voice or the app
Easy to connect and install
- Works with almost any TV with an HDMI port; simply plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi, and start streaming
- Alternatively, you can use the optional ethernet adapter to connect directly to your router
- Wi-Fi (802.11ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz) and Bluetooth give you quick, easy connectivity options
Even more features
- Apple TV app allows you to watch exclusive Apple Originals on Apple TV+ (subscription required)
- Smart home integration lets you control a variety of other Google Home devices (sold separately) so you can dim the lights, adjust the temperature, and much more using voice controls
- Watch what's going on around your house by watching the feed for your Nest Cam (sold separately) on your TV
- View a slideshow of your pictures from your Google Photos library on your TV
- 49% of Chromecast's plastic parts are made with recycled materials, helping keep waste out of landfills
Required accessories (sold separately)
- HDMI cable to connect to your TV's HDMI port
- Wi-Fi network (wireless router) or ethernet connection for internet access
- Supported Wi-Fi-enabled device
- Voice Remote
- Power Cable
- Power Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 692 reviewers who responded, 559 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Better than Chromecast, Great Streaming Device- January 5, 2021
I'm really enjoying this device. From the remote (with speech) you can turn on the tv, and go straight to Netflix or Youtube with the dedicated buttons, or from home, see offerings from all the main streaming carriers. If you want to find a program, just say it into the mic. Navigating different screens is a breeze with the game like controller on the remote. We're an android home, so this fits in well with all our devices, and has essentially "smartened" up our tvs. I use it for music, as well, as Spotify and Youtube are preloaded. I bought one for my parents, too - and my tech-reluctant mother likes its ease of use.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Great value- October 18, 2020
The UI is intuitive and easy to use, fast and responsive. Great selection of native apps and if for some reason it isn't available you can cast it from any cast enabled android app like you could on the original chromecast. 4K and Dolby atmos is supported and the controller has all the essential features (volume, input etc.) needed to use as a stand alone device. Only complaint would be that the power block supplied has to be used instead of the TV's USB port fir power. But then again... far from a deal breaker more of would have been nice to have feature.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Great, except for one issue- October 19, 2021
Our family has loved the Chromecast with Google TV and it's ease of use. The one issue that we have experienced is that the remote stops working and requires to be re-paired. This requires using the android app, but now I find that the app is having trouble accessing the Chromecast.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.