Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) Smart Display with Google Assistant - Mist
- Second-gen Nest Hub features a 7" screen with 1024 x 600 resolution so you can watch your favourite Netflix or Disney+ shows, YouTube videos, and more (subscriptions may be required)
- Enhanced speaker with deeper bass produces powerful and crisp audio for your favourite music from a variety of streaming platforms (subscriptions may be required)
- Sleep Sensing with personalised insights and recommendations helps track when you go to bed, when you wake up, and how long you've slept by tracking your movement and breathing without a camera (paid subscription may be required after preview period)
- Intuitive on-screen controls allow you to play, pause, browse, and control the volume with a tap -- or you can simply say "Hey Google"
- Smart compatibility with thousands of devices allows you to turn on the lights, lock the doors, turn up the thermostat, or monitor your Nest video doorbells and cameras, and more with a couple of simple taps of voice commands (compatible smart devices sold separately)
- Track your calendars, create reminders, broadcast messages via Nest speakers (sold separately) around your home, and make voice calls with Google Duo
- Voice Match allows everyone in your household to see and hear their own schedule, commute, reminders, and even favourite playlists
- Quick Gestures let you control many features such as playing or pausing a song or video, snoozing an alarm, or stopping a timer by simply waving your hand
- When it's not in use, the Nest Hub works as the ultimate digital photo frame and automatically shows off your best shots from Google Photos
- Your evening page lets you wind down easily, fall asleep to relaxing sounds, turn off your lights, lock doors, set alarms, and check your morning schedule
- Sunrise Alarm allows you to wake up gently by gradually brightening the Nest Hub display and increasing the alarm volume
- Handy mic switch makes it easy to turn off the mic while the ability to clear your Google Assistant history whenever you want provides enhanced privacy
- Thoughtful design includes 54% recycled plastic in the enclosure and complements the decor in any room while the display adjusts to ambient light so it's never too bright or too dim
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 95 reviewers who responded, 69 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Somewhat disappointed- October 4, 2021
It seems a bit glitchy and not as straightforward as I was expecting. I have the mini as well, so thought it would be as easy/plug and play as that. I was looking forward to using it as a photo display. I'm not interested in hooking my lights, appliances, etc up to it. I don't need it to tell me if I'm sleeping or not. I really would like to play music and videos from my Google premium acct, which, again, isn't all that straightforward. The app is super basic so that's a bit disappointing too. I'm off to watch more YouTube videos from my phone to see how to get the best out of this best hub. I'll have to put more time and effort into it for the results I wanted.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Not enjoying it at all- December 4, 2021
Poor sound quality, my old Google Home sounds much better this is the part I'm most dissatisfied of. Very slow interface. Not enough settings. I would especially like more configurations for the Home screen. Like complete weather for instance at all time. I do not recommend this product especially if you like to listen to music, get the bigger Hub or a nest audio.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Missing features- September 16, 2021
The hub does most of what the hub max does except that this one does not seem to have a camera….I find that point pretty disappointing since I was hoping to be able to monitor different rooms with that smaller unit.Another thing I find fairly disappointing is the Nest Aware subscription required to enjoy the full features of the system… it’s expensive and really and truly seems to be a great service BUT sort of a bummer since I bought all Nest devices…and free subscription or anything to try out all features for a year let’s say….And I have two hubs, one co and smoke detector, and the front entrance bell.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.