Google Nest Wifi 5 Add-On Point
- Add-on node is compatible with Google Nest Wifi whole home mesh Wi-Fi 5 system
- One Wi-Fi 5 router with one Wi-Fi 5 point is strong enough to allow up to 200 connected devices to run smoothly and stream multiple 4K videos at the same time
- Two-band, 11ac wireless standard delivers AC2200 wireless speeds
- Easy set-up in the Google Home app lets you connect and manage devices, create screen-time limits for kids, prioritize devices, and create guest networks
- Google Assistant in the Nest Wi-Fi point lets you use your voice to control connected devices
- Automatic updates keep the network safe and secure
- Soft, natural curves and a neutral hue effortlessly complements your décor
Wireless Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supplies
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 83 reviewers who responded, 50 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Mixed feelings about Nest WiFi- July 9, 2021
Nest WiFi seems to provide solid reliable mesh coverage. But only if it's in routing mode. Not if you want to use your own router / use the wifi as a bridge. Because of this it's still significantly crippling for anything but the most basic installation. Plus the limited amount of settings makes you totally dependent on the automation doing everything right. For simple installs (never had a client self install any other WiFi system this simply), yes I'd recommend. For more complex setups with IoT or work related security or network segmentation, multi-wan, etc. No because although it provides good coverage it lacks the flexible configuration.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and good features once set up- July 24, 2021
Once set up it is working well and has a lot of beat features. Especially if you have a lot of Google home connected devices. Guest network is also great. It allows you to give your guests access to only what they should have access to. For example all the chrome cast speakers and tvs, but not other smart home devices. I had issues with the set up. Setting up the router worked flawlessly, but when trying to add the points it took forever and had to retry several times for it to finally go through. Also, it surprised me how good the sound quality is on the points for their size. The bass isn't going to rumble the floor, but pretty good for the size.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mesh system but...- June 23, 2021
We love the Google Nest wi-fi 2 pack. Only down side is you never know if the nest had updated it's firmware. Also if my modem goes down I won't receive an email for some time. Some settings are not there I guess after an update and at times the broadcast button disappears for no apparent reason and is a real pain to get it back. I just wish a lot of the settings were more easily found instead of fishing through multiple settings to find one particular setting. There is no more volume control in the app for the point and now you physically need to be on the property to tap the top of the point for the volume control. Otherwise it's not a bad system.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.