Hisense 55" 4K UHD HDR QLED Android Smart TV (55U78G) - 2021
- 55" 4K UHD flat display with a 3480 x 2160 native resolution delivers rich imagery in every scene
- QLED technology provides over a billion perfectly expressed colour combinations for true-to-life clarity
- Smart television is powered by Android TV for easy access to your favourite content
- Dolby Vision IQ and HDR10 ensure incredible visuals with the right balance of brightness, contrast, colour, and detail for a cinematic experience
- 120Hz refresh rate and a 6ms response time provide fluid, lag-free motion for seamless action
- Two 15-watt speakers along with Dolby Atmos and IMAX audio enhancements fill your room with immersive sound
- Built-in Google Assistant allows you to ask questions, access entertainment, and control smart devices in your home with simple voice commands
- Wi-Fi, wired, and Bluetooth options provide multiple ways to connect to your TV
- Two HDMI 2.1 ports, two HDMI 2.0 inputs, one A/V input, one optical digital audio output, one headphone jack, one USB 3.0 port, and one USB 2.0 port make It easy to connect all of your peripheral devices
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Power Cord Remote
- Safety and Warranty Card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 9 reviewers who responded, 7 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- This is a good TV, but "game" mode is borked- 13 juillet 2021
If you are not going to game on it, this is a pretty good TV. It crushes blacks a little and there's some stuttering on panning shots, but image quality is otherwise excellent. Now, if you want to use the "game" mode, prepare for a disappointment. Not only does it change the color settings in a way that makes it hard to match your normal preferences, it introduces a ton of ghosting and other overdrive artifacts. Enabling VRR seem to only make it worse. Oh, and local dimming gets disabled in "game" mode too. This TV seriously need a patch / firmware update. Maybe it'll be truly great for gaming after that, but in it's current state it falls short.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic- 13 juillet 2021
I usually dont write reviews, but this deserves it. I am using my ps5 with this, and its amazing. People who are mentioning the ghosting issue hasn't done their research yet. If you play 60hz content while connected to a 120hz port you will get ghosting, this is fixed by switching to a regular port 60hz. As for fix, not sure, there is a fix in works for this hisense u88g, but not enough u78g has been bought to put in the complaint yet, I got in touch with them and they said hisense USA is the one working on it and will have to wait. I am not entirely convinced, but there isnt more of an option for me. The tv and its features punch wayyy above its class. The only diff between this and the u88g is the brightness and the local dimming, and everything else is the identical, according to their spec sheet anyway. Hope this helpsYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Severe ghosting in "game" mode- 9 juillet 2021
If you are thinking of buying this for a gaming TV, don't. Game mode, at any resolution and refresh rate, causes severe ghosting due to what seems to be excessive overdrive. It's so bad that I'm thinking of or returning the TV. Is this fixable via firmware? Will Hisense bother to rectify it? No idea. For watching movies or youtube, the quality is pretty good. If you are not going to be using it for gaming, the U78G is a decent choice. Otherwise, stay away and hope this problem gets fixed by firmware before you even consider buying.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- Excellent Value!- 4 novembre 2021
I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I do a lot of research on all my purchases, and tend to stay away from the mainstream brands as I believe them to be generally overpriced and average. For those who don't know, Hisense used to be known as Sharp. They have continued the tradition of building top-notch electronics without the top end pricing one would expect with the technology built into their products. Our old flat-screen finally died after 8 years of yeoman service. Did a lot of digging around reading reviews and customer ratings, and found that this TV was very well rated, and used QLED technology as well (Who else does QLED?). Bought it, found that it was very easy to set up, that the "SMART" functionality was intuitive and responsive, and that the picture quality was stunning. Got it at a good price, and believe that it more than holds it's own against the big brands for quality and value.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Love it- 6 novembre 2021
Definitely a great tv, alot of reviews talking about ghosting and backlight bleed but I haven't had any. Works fantastic and couldn't be happier with the picture. Sound is really good as well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report