HP ENVY 14" Touchscreen Laptop - Natural Silver (Intel Core i5-1135G7/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GTX 1650)
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 4.2GHz 11th-generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor and 16GB of DDR4-3200 SDRAM deliver enough processing power to work on multiple applications simultaneously
- 512GB Intel PCIe NVMe M.2 solid state drive (SSD) and 32GB of Intel Optane memory provide faster storing and retrieving speeds for your movies, games, music, photos, and other valuable data
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card with 4GB of GDDR6 dedicated video memory and Max-Q design churns out realistic, lag-free visuals for immersive gaming or movie-watching
- 14" IPS display with WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution, an immersive 16:10 aspect ratio with a colour accuracy of Delta E, BrightView technology with 400 nits brightness, and 100% sRGB colour gamut treat you to realistic imagery with superb colour accuracy
- Multi-touch enabled touchscreen lets you navigate through various applications easily using your fingertip
- Micro-edge display with edge-to-edge glass offers wide real-estate to work or play without any distraction
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 (AX201, 2x2) enables high-speed network access for seamless file uploads and downloads
- Bluetooth 5.0 combo with MU-MIMO support for gigabit file transfer speeds helps pair your smartphones and other compatible devices to transfer files in no time
- Thunderbolt 4 port (supports USB4 Type-C at a 40Gbps signalling rate, USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4, and HP Sleep and Charge), two SuperSpeed USB Type-A ports (5Gbps signalling rate and support HP Sleep and Charge), an HDMI 2.0 port, and a headphone/microphone combo jack let you connecting various peripherals and accessories
- MicroSD card reader slot lets you share files between your cameras and the laptop in a flash
- Built-in dual speakers featuring Bang & Olufsen audio produce high-quality, immersive sound for your movies, music, and games
- HP Wide Vision 720p HD camera with failsafe privacy shutter key prevents unwanted video captures and protects your privacy from hackers
- Integrated dual-array digital microphones with dedicated mute button offer crystal-clear conversations with your family, friends, and clients
- Fingerprint reader gives you the option of an even more secure login
- Four-cell, 63.3Wh capacity of lithium-ion polymer battery offers enough cordless power to work when you're away from the wall socket
- Advanced cooling system offers efficient heat dissipation to ensure optimum performance even with heavy loads
- Lightweight and portable design, weighing just 1.6kg (3.53 lb.), makes for effortless transportation during the daily commute
- Full-size, natural silver backlit keyboard lets you type easily in low or dim light
- Preinstalled with Windows 10 Home operating system, which features an easy-to-use interface, universal Windows apps, and much more
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- HP ENVY Laptop 14-eb0008ca
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2 reviewers who responded, 2 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great, all-round laptop- July 29, 2021
I had to return a Surface Laptop 4 because its camera had a color cast problem. With approximately the same price, this one comes with twice the memory, twice the storage size, and a dedicated graphics card (GTX 1650 Max-Q), which is much much better than the MX series you usually find in lightweight laptops, not to mention integrated graphics. While the CPU is an i5, it is optimized thanks to HP's great cooling solution and outperforms some of the i7's. Its integrated Iris Xe graphics is more than enough for web browsing and productivity apps, which leads to impressive battery life. When there is a heavier demand for graphics, the GTX 1650 steps in, and then this machine would even outperform an Xbox One. I observe more details in Forza games than on my Xbox. The cooling fan while gaming is consistent and not annoying; GPU temperature is kept below 70℃. Besides, the keyboard feels very good when typing; there is a webcam shutter for your privacy. The only thing that compromises my experience is the touchpad, which lacks feedback when clicking ('soft') while making a loud sound. This can be fixed easily by getting a mouse, though.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Good machine that does as advertised.- September 15, 2021
I've had this laptop for about a month, but have been using it regularly, and it has no trouble keeping up with what I throw at it. The GTX graphics card looks really nice when playing video games and during video playback, and though I haven't used it, the 3D rendering software seems reliable enough. Through HP, the laptop is able to operate on 4 different fan settings which is great when you need to kick in your CPU performance while still keeping cool, or keep the fans working at a bare minimum in a quiet area. The fans themselves are not annoying, though whe I was setting it up they were constantly on full blast. To remedy this, just restart the computer as you are prompted to as when you do updates. I don't use the touchscreen much, but it has a good sensitivity (which I believe you can change) and works like a charm. The keyboard keys are very fun to use and have a nice dip to them. I heard some note in other reviews about the travel distance but didn't feel that here. I do have some tweaking to do with the trackpad, but I usually use a mouse, which I would recommend. The processor hasn't yet had trouble with my daily routine, which involves many tabs and windows, with 2 or 3 applications running actively in the background. It can run 'simpler' games like Minecraft and Rocket League smoothly, along with ROTTR, without getting laggy. If the laptop ever overheats, it easily cools down by adjusting the fan setting to 'cool' mode, and it quickly fixes the issue. The sound is good, by my standards. The speakers are downwards facing, meaning the sound will change depending on the surface, but you get good volume and eq options via the Bang and Olufsen audio control panel. Good port selection and memory for an avid student into light gaming, or someone in the workforce with the same needs. Downsides might include the price, which was a bit much for similar specs in other, cheaper options. While this is a good option, you can upgrade teh graphics and processor (speed+, cores+) by choosing an HP Spectre for a little bit more. There isn't much like it when you're looking for a laptop with a decent to good processor and a low-level graphics card without going too overboard, but HP definitely could've gone down around 200 without sacrificing too much. Other than that bit, definitely a good buy, and I want to see how long it'll last.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report