I/OMagic Black Diamond 512GB USB 3.1 External Solid State Drive (IS31-C2512-RTL-BL) - Only at Best Buy
- 512GB of storage capacity provides plenty of room to store your games, music, movies, and other files
- Built using a high-quality 3D NAND SSD, you can transfer a 2-hour 4K video in less than 20 seconds
- M.2 PCIe NVMe interface with 4 lanes makes it twice as fast as SATA
- Drive can be formatted in NTFS, FAT32, or exFAT to suit your needs
- Connections for high-speed USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 2) and USB Type A (with included adapter cable) make this drive compatible with most desktops, laptops, workstations, mobile phones, tablets, and more
- Compatible with Windows 7 and later versions, and macOS High Sierra and later versions
- Lightweight, durable, and easily portable design protects your data while you're out and about
- Portable SSD Drive in Enclosure
- Type C-To-Type C Cable
- Type C To USB A Adapter Cable
- Instruction Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1 reviewer who responded, 0 would recommend this product.
- Fast and compact- January 17, 2020
Very fast throughput with type-c generation 2 usb. Good price when on sale. I use it to upgrade my old iMac's (late 2013 model) hard drive. Connect to the old USB 3.0 port to run Catalina as external drive. Only took 20min to copy existing OS to it and switch boot drive. Saw amazing speed increase (at least 5x faster). Now app lunch is almost instant. Could be faster with internal ssd upgrade but using this external drive is much simpler and quicker save cutting open the iMac case. Speed is adequate and have the benefit of retaining the original internal drive as data drive. Cheap and quick way to upgrade an old iMac.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Fast, but runs very hot and cable is finicky.- July 6, 2020
Feels like you could fry an egg on the metal heatsink when it has a heavier workload (such as Time Machine backups). I've also noticed that the drive can lose connection simply by accidentally tapping either end of the USB-C cable connector, which could definitely lead to data corruption — this is after two months of pretty mild use. Not my favourite drive. Decent value for what you get I suppose, but I'm really looking forward to the day when solid state finally drops in price.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report