Insignia 11L Rectangle Motion Sensor Trash Can - Stainless Steel
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- 11-litre (3-gallon) capacity features a D-shape design to fit in nearly any space
- Infrared sensor detects your hand or other object within 10 inches and automatically opens
- Lid stays open until the object is moved out of range and then closes automatically in 3 seconds
- Energy-saving technology preserves battery life, giving you at least 6 months of use before the batteries need to be replaced (batteries sold separately)
- Stainless steel construction is fingerprint-resistant to keep the can looking shiny and new
- Motion Sensor Lid
- Ring Liner
- Stainless Steel Base
- User Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 45 reviewers who responded, 29 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great composte can- November 7, 2020
This "mini" version of the large 13 gallon kitchen trash can not only looks exactly like it's bigger counterpart, but also sports an equally smooth automatic lid function. My single, minor complaint has to do with the sonar sensor, both units are just a bit on the slow side to respond to your hand motion. Arguably this could be a matter of learning to adjust my expectations, however even after using the unit for a little under a month it still just feels like it's about a 1/2 second too slow. Regardless the lid operation is whisper quiet plus both cans offer a convenient feature making it easy to open the lid and have it remain open with a simple push of the button. This small 3 gallon can is perfect in the kitchen to collect waste for composting.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst sensor in the market- March 30, 2021
Bought and returned within the day. The design of the product is very good. The only downfall of it is the sensor and how terrible it is. It's not sensitive at all, you would need to put your finger 1-2cm from the sensor and wait 2-3 seconds for the lid to open. If you're main reason for wanting to buy this product is because of the automatic sensor, don't even bother. It'll only cause you more frustration than anything else.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Motion Sensor Does Not Work- October 14, 2020
This looks great and was a great value at half price, but the whole idea of an automatic trash can is to open when it senses motion. The motion sensor on the one I got never worked. I could manually press the open and close button, but that defeats the purpose. If the one I got had a bad sensor, then I'm sure others will also..No, I would not recommend this to a friend.