JBL Control X 5.25" 100-Watt Indoor/Outdoor Speakers - Black - Pair
- Set includes a pair of indoor/outdoor stereo speakers to amplify your home entertainment experience
- Rugged and weatherized housing on the exterior offers excellent protection from weather elements, so you won't have to worry about damages
- Each 100W speaker features High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide technology to make sure your music sounds fully immersive with natural balance and amazing detail
- Polypropylene graphite-filled cone woofer of 5.25" (133mm) and CMMD Lite tweeter of 1" (25mm) together deliver deep, thumping bass
- Gold binding post terminals ensure easy and effective connection with receivers and multi-zone amplifiers (each sold separately)
- Supports both vertical and horizontal speaker positioning for added convenience
- Compact speaker with sleek, angled profile blends seamlessly into your interiors with a sophisticated appeal
- Two adjustable wall mount brackets are included for flexible wall installation at convenient locations including patios or sun decks
- Wall mount brackets can be rotated, tilted, and angled towards you for convenience of listening to music
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Weather-resistant speaker wire (make sure to measure the room so you'll know how much wire to get)
Connectivity & Media
- 2 x JBL Control X Speakers
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 2 x Removable Grilles
- 2 x Adjustable Wall Mount Brackets
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 39 reviewers who responded, 37 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Wired versus Wireless- March 14, 2021
I own 3 pairs of these Control X "wired" and 1 pair of the "wireless" version. I like the sound very much of the wired versions. But, the wireless version of this speaker fails to maintain a connection (an association) between the L and R speaker. It appears the "wireless" version of these speakers was so troublesome, JBL stopped selling them. JBL tech support did not know the difference between the Bluetooth radio link and the wireless link between each speaker. Tech support not trained well enough. So, I'm stuck with one non-function wireless pair and 3 wired pairs. Needless to say, nothing with a JBL label on it sounds good if there is a bad experience.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sound and brackets but banana plug fail- June 20, 2021
The quality and sound of these speakers is amazing. The brackets with the ball work well for me I have them mounted on the interior posts or my gazebo and can move them around very easily, I had to tighten them well but didn't have any of the problems mentioned in other reviews. However, the only issue I found with the design is the input connectors.. I was hoping to use banana plugs on both the speakers and the amp but with the way the bracket is mounted I don't understand how the banana plugs are supposed to go in? They're positioned diagonally, and the connection section has a screw maybe meant to be openeda to change the direction of the plugs but it's not mentioned in the manual so didn't bother risking opening them.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Wonderful sound.- January 30, 2021
These speakers sound great and I am please with them except for the wall mount. What were they thinking? A single ball joint, cantilevering a pretty heavy speaker is a poor idea. It simply won’t hold the weight of the speaker for long. I had to add wooden blocks behind them to keep them from sagging. It not a good idea And it should be changed. Still the sound engineers did a great job and I’ll keep these because they really do sound good. I used a small amp to power them and chrome cast for Spotify. Great paring. Nice bass, smooth mids and highs.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.