Joby GorillaPod 5K Tripod (JB01508)
Available online only
- Sturdy anodized aluminum construction provides durability without weighing you down
- Independent leg placement offers exceptional flexibility
- Supports devices with a weight of up to 5kg (11lb.)
- Supports SLR cameras with zoom lenses weighing up to 3kg (6.6lb.) when used with the optional ballhead 5K with an Arca-Swiss quick release plate
- Rubberized foot and ring grips provide added stability in challenging terrain
- Folds down to 36cm (14.2"), making portability a breeze
- Instructions included in the box to help you get quickly started
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 15 reviewers who responded, 14 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Does the Job- 17 septembre 2018
This has been a part of my kit for about 6 months. I’ve beat it up, wrapped it around logs inches above water, and perched it on edges of cliffs. The flexibility of legs and it’s small stature provide something that a standard tripod can’t. Now for a negative. There is a small piece that detaches from the joby legs and connects directly to the camera. This allows for a quick transition to using your camera without the Joby legs. I always have to retighten this piece before reattaching the joby legs. Don’t be concerned because it holds tight, it’s just a small inconvenience to get used to. Overall I’m satisfied with the Joby 5k’s strength and durability. I highly recommend adding this to your kit even if you carry a standard tripod.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in Theory... then comes the real world...- 12 mai 2018
I saw this tripod on a few youtube videos and people raved about it, so I figured I would shell out the dollars to grab one myself and see what the hype was about. The item was a nice addition to my collection of photography gear, until it wasn't... I've had this tripod for about 3 weeks and it already broke... GRRR!!! SERIOUSLY!!! The first day I started using it the screw came loose from between the legs, then the camera became very unstable. I try tightening the screw to no avail. I liked the fact that you can wrap the legs around things to make shooting more flexible, but then one of the legs came apart. Very frustrating when you pay soooooooooooooooooo much for something and it breaks in the first month. Return/exchange will be happening asap. I might recommend this product, but be aware and gentle.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Year and Going Strong.- 1 avril 2019
Bought this in May of 2018 and it’s now April of 2019. It still holding strong and I have had several full frame DSLR’s on it over the year like the Canon EOS R, and the Panasonic GH5. Even though I have tossed this thing around like it owed me money and moved the legs around numerous times it still stands on its three little legs with strength and dignity. Good tripod. Worth the extra money.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.