KitchenAid 24" 44dB Built-In Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Tub (KDFM404KBS) - Black Stainless
Black stainless adds style to your kitchen
- 24" built-in dishwasher has room for family-sized loads of dishes
- Stainless steel tall tub retains heat inside for improved drying
- 44dBA ultra-quiet dishwasher lets you run a cycle while hanging out in the kitchen
- SatinGlide Max means your third and middle racks are easy to move, even when they're weighed down with heavy dishes
- Adjustable middle and lower racks will fold so you can wash large items like stock pots and mixing bowls
- Four stemware holders will hold delicate wine glasses in place
Wash and dry cycles designed for perfectly clean dishes
- Advanced Clean Water Wash system removes food particles in the water and targets each rack down with clean water
- Freeflex Third Rack fits larger drinkware and bowls and is equipped with rotating jets and wash tubes to clean dishes on the rack
- ProWash Cycle uses sensors to measure your soil levels and will adjust wash time so each load comes out clean
- Extended ProDry increases cycle time to give you the driest dishes possible
- Express Wash cycle takes you through clean and dry in record time
- Sani-Rinse eliminates 99.999% of the bacteria on bottles, jars, and other dishes
Just a wipe down keeps your dishwasher looking shiny and new
- Delayed start lets you start a cycle on your schedule
- Status indicator light glows to let you know the current status of your dishwasher cycle
- Top controls tucked away so you only see them when you're turning your dishwasher on
- PrintShield Finish black stainless steel coating resists fingerprints and is easy to clean
- ENERGY STAR qualified reduces energy consumption to save money on your hydro bills
- Width: 60.66cm (23.88'')
- Height: 87.63cm (34.5'')
- Depth: 62.23cm (24.5'')
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.)
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
Cycles and Options
What's in the Box
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 834 reviewers who responded, 797 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Love third shelf!- June 29, 2021
I like the third rack and the new design of the utensil caddy in the bottom. The gridded top on the utensil caddy helps silverware to be washed more efficiently IMO, although I always get my hands dirty placing the silverware in with the tines facing up/handles down. If you do not want this, the gridded top is removable and comes in two pieces, so you can choose whether to remove one or both pieces and place all or half of silverware with handles facing up. Of note, Our dishwasher had a "weak motor" that was preventing the unit from draining (and therefore to get stuck midcycle) and was replaced under warranty in the first month we had it. Spring 2021 it took about 1 week for the technician to diagnose the problem, 1 week for part to be shipped, and one week to wait for installation. Not ideal but, so far no issues after motor was replaced.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- We absolutely love our new KitchenAid dishwasher!- October 12, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] We lost our old dishwasher in an electrical storm and even though like most people we weren’t looking forward to the idea of having to purchase a new one! But now we are very happy to have found this KitchenAid product. My wife was a little hesitant to spend the extra $ for the third (top) rack but I was confident about its usefulness. It turns out both of us are extremely happy we decided to go with this new KitchenAid model. The appliance itself is incredible! It washes our dishes much better than the older model by another manufacturer. It’s very very quiet and everything looks like new when the cycle is finished! We’ve given the new KitchenAid our own test of putting questionable dirty dishes inside to see it the machine lives up to the KitchenAid promise. And bingo! Every comes out clean as a whistle!! Needless to say, KitchenAid wins our gold medal. We’re happy as a lark!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great features- June 23, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I had this dishwasher installed 6/10/2020, so I only got to use this 3 times so far. My favorite features include, lots of room with three racks including one with adjustable rack height, Very large basket for utensils and kitchen tools, Fingerprint shield keeps the front door surface looking clean, and very quiet while it cleans well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- So quiet it won't wake the baby- March 17, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have had almost every brand of dishwasher out there and my new Kitchenaid is the best I ever owned. So quiet I had to open the door to make sure it was working. The adjustable racks are a great feature. The front is smudge proof. Everything comes out spotless. I can always depend on Kitchenaid. Definitely recommend this model.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love all the featured- August 12, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I had to replace my 10 year old Kitchenaid which wasn’t draining properly. So happy to find this model with 3 drawers. Room for all sizes of glasses, dishes and utensils. so quiet and efficient! Did a great job each time!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.