KitchenAid 36" Retractable Downdraft System - Stainless Steel
Meets your kitchen ventilation needs
- 600 CFM Pro motor is powerful enough to vent steam, grease, and odours for most cooktops and ranges
- 65K BTU threshold is compatible with most 30" and 36" cooktops, including some commercial-style models
- Retractable design sees the vent rise up to 14" when it's cleaning the air while you cook, then retract back to sit flush with the cooking surface when it's done, providing a clean look
- 4-speed slide control for selecting the fan speed you need based on what you're cooking
- Auto-on function automatically starts up ventilation at the last speed used for quick cleaning of the air
- Dedicated space for collecting grease and dishwasher-safe premium mesh filter makes it easy to clean and prevents gunk from collecting on the ceiling and countertops
- Reversible motor box can be installed on either side of the downdraft to free up space
- Sits flush with the countertop when not in use to preserve space in the kitchen
- Optional interchangeable trim covers to match the décor of your existing countertop, cabinetry, and appliances (sold separately)
- Width: 33"
- Height: 28.5"
- Depth: 12.13"
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
- 36" Retractable Downdraft System
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 110 reviewers who responded, 84 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good bang for buck- August 23, 2018
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] We bought this a month ago and did the install ourselves. This was to replace a Jenn Air unit that was a stove top with downdraft unit together. Directions were good and videos assisted with ease of install. I did have to move the outward air inside the cabinet, but that is not unit related. We have used the unit several times and really like the height and cfm. This sucks in steam from our 9” stock pot. This is so much better than the prior unit that was only burner high. I cannot give this or any other downdraft unit a full 5 stars because they cannot do what an overhead system can. Compared to all the other units, this is definitely worth the price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor performance.- December 23, 2013
I have had this product for less than a year and already it has been replaced completely under the warranty. The second one still 'sticks' when in elevation mode and doesn't come up all the way - this will probably have to be replaced too. It's noisy when the extractor fans are turned on and it doesn't remove cooking odors, steam, fumes etc. which is the whole point of having it - our venting system is excellent - there are no blockages - so why doesn't the downdraft suck away fumes etc? I would NOT recommend this product to anyone - along with my new Kitchenaid 48" built-in, side-by-side refrigerator - the ice maker has been replaced once already and now the new one has ceased to work - we're waiting for a new 'shoot' - meanwhile - no ice also less than a year old!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- When it works, it works very well- January 23, 2015
When the vent is operating, it is terrific. I was worried about a "downdraft" vent with gas burners so got this one. It extends very high, as high as my tallest stock pot and so vents efficiently without "stealing" heat from the burners. It is not quiet but it is effective. That said, it has been serviced once and replaced once within the first 2 years of ownership. To KA's credit, they covered it even when out of warranty but I cannot rate it higher (and probably should rate it lower) given the reliability issues.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.