KitchenAid 36" 5-Burner Gas Cooktop (KCGS956ESS) - Stainless Steel
The perfect cooktop for family meals
- 36-inch gas cooktop features full-width cast-iron grates, making it easy to prepare a large family-sized meal
- 20,000 BTU professional dual-ring burner seamlessly switches from small flame for simmering to a dual flame for fast boiling
- 10,000 BTU Even-Heat torch burner uses a small flame for delicate simmering and larger flame for evenly distributed heat across large pans
- 6,000 BTU Even-Heat simmer burner gives you precise control of the flame at the lowest setting
- Removable griddle provides you with a cooking surface you can use on any of the burners
Ultra-stylish and easy to use
- CookShield finish protects your cooktop against stains you may get from high-temperature cooking and is easy to clean without strong chemicals
- LED lighted metal control knobs offer a premium style while letting you know which burners are in use
- Electronic ignition lights burners light with electric spark instead of pilot light
- Automatic reignition relights burners if the flame is blown out
- LP conversion kit lets you convert the cooktop to work with LP gas
- Width: 92.07 cm (36.25")
- Height: 9.36 cm (3.68")
- Depth: 53.34 cm (21")
Gas Cooktop Features
Electric Cooktop Features
- KitchenAid Gas Cooktop
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 328 reviewers who responded, 300 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Very nice butt.....- October 9, 2020
Just got this installed and like it quite a bit. I would suggest a design change though, swap the 2 left burners from front to back so the big one doesn't heat up the controls area. I like that this is made in the USA but was disappointed to see the sticker about that was placed over a small scratch in the finish, so it wouldn't be seen by Quality Control? - Made on line 62 date 9/29/2020 (knocked 2 stars off Quality for that). Also like others have mentioned, it's difficult to see the control labels due to the way it's etched/printed in a color that is almost identical to the stainless. (knocked 1 star design for this and the left burner positionsYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5-Burner Gas Cooktop with Griddle- November 21, 2016
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Do't buy the cooktop for the griddle. We tried it once, but it is so small, not worth the effort, but otherwise, the cooktop is great. It produces nice strong burner BTUs and also low levels good for melting and simmering. We do have, as others have noted, a bit on tight space with all 5 burners having pots and the pots crowd..but we do not do that too often. The lit rings about the knobs that light up are loose, and may need to contact the vendor to see how we can glue it back so it does not move around. the ring light is aesthetics but for as much as we paid, the ring should not be loose. I would also consider knobs in the front or side vs. in the front.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile and Functional- July 14, 2016
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Has been a joy to cook on. The different burners give lots of options to obtain perfect cooking temperatures. The center griddle pan is awesome for even teens to cook their own quesadillas, grill cheese, pancakes etc... and the pan cleans up very easily and quickly. I like the lighted knobs as I sometimes leave burners on especially after simmering and there is a low flame. I also like the ignition going to High first and then around to low; it just makes sense. My former Kitchenaid cooktop lasted 18 years and was only replaced because of water damage so I hope this new one lasts as long.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.