LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox
Sold out online
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox includes everything you need to create an interactive toy, which can be assembled in 5 different configurations
- Bluetooth connectivity enables wireless syncing to the LEGO BOOST app, available for iOS and Android tablets
- Configurations include Vernie the Robot, Frankie the Cat, Guitar4000, AutoBuilder, and M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)
- Once built, Vernie the Robot is a personal talking robot friend; you can code its behaviour and complete fun activities with the included playmat
- Speak to Vernie and the robot will respond with facial expressions that reflect its mood
- Vernie can move in all directions at variable speed on its large tracks, as well as sense and react to impacts
- Vernie can also see objects and colours, sense distance, grip and carry accessories, make hand gestures, and launch darts from its shoulder mounted shooter
- Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat -- be sure to feed it the right food, or it might get upset
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO models
- Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO BOOST app
- Easy to use intuitive software with an icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface makes learning to code fun and simple
- Each configuration and all coding activities are done via the LEGO BOOST app on your iOS or Android tablet
- Building instructions for all 5 configurations are available on the LEGO BOOST app
- Comes with more than 840 LEGO pieces, a LEGO Move Hub, an Interactive Motor, and a Color & Distance Sensor
- Vernie the robot stands over 27cm (10") tall when assembled
- M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 12cm (4") high, 23cm (9") long, and 14cm (5") wide when assembled
- Guitar4000 measures over 5cm (1") high, 42cm (16") long, and 15cm (5") wide when assembled
- Frankie the Cat stands over 17cm (6") tall when assembled
- The AutoBuilder measures over 27cm (10") high, 19cm (7") long, and 16cm (6") wide when assembled
- Suitable for ages 7 and up
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 187 reviewers who responded, 160 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Patience- July 25, 2017
I got this build for my 7 year old son who loves to build and code so this was perfect. This build is an awsome build but lego failed in a few ways. First there is 847 parts and 11 bags and lego did not put the builds in bag order. You have to search thru all 847 parts to find what you need. One part in bag 9 next part in bag 3 next part bag 11 and so on. Very frustrating trying to find what you need. So I have been the parts finder and him the builder. Fail 2 is the box it came in. Lego should have put this build in a reclosable box like there games come in. Maybe even with a tray they use for the advent calendar.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- App confusion- August 27, 2017
Bought this for my 8 y/o son who loves it and plays with it constantly. First foray into coding and this level of Lego so I'm very impressed with it and value for money. I am however confused with the app and don't find it too user friendly (not being technical myself). Am looking for instructions how to navigate through it - the robot has been built no problem following the building instructions, but confused on the coding / why the need to apply numbers to the pieces...how and if my son can play around with the order of them... Are there instructions anywhere? Also the treasure box at the beginning, not sure what that entails either... Basically I need more instruction!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice set- July 8, 2019
I am writing this on behalf of my daughter (almost 7 years old) who found the current (3.5) rating unfair. She loves playing with her Boost set and she thinks it is very cute (her words here). In general it is a really fun set to play with. I do have to help her with the programming interface and she is still not able to program by herself but it has definitely promoting her interest in programming. The overall experience with the software has been flawless (we use it under iOS). The program blocks are separated by colors based on the type of command and are very intuitive to work with.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.