LEGO Super Mario: Nintendo Entertainment System (Hard to Find) - 2646 Pieces (71374)
Available online only
- 2,646-piece building set delivers a nostalgic building experience and makes a retro-inspired display piece
- Suitable for ages 18 and up
- Assembled model measures over 22.5cm (8") high, 23.5cm (9") wide, and 16cm (6") deep
- Interactive, 1980's-style television displays the original Super Mario Bros. game and features a handle-operated scrolling screen to make 8-bit Mario move across the viewing area
- Authentic details include a controller and an opening slot for the buildable Game Pak with a realistic locking function
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions and an illustrated booklet about the creation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and classic NES games
- Compatible with the LEGO Mario figure from the LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course (sold separately) to unlock interactive features like the original theme song and fun reactions to on-screen enemies, obstacles, and power-ups
- Building Book
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 211 reviewers who responded, 207 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Incredible Fun Even for Non-Nostalgics- August 9, 2020
I'm too old for this to matter to me from a nostalgia viewpoint, but I absolutely loved constructing this set. Every little detail is so well thought out, from the satisfying "click" of the spring-loaded cartridge insert/eject function, to the RCA plug inputs, to the AC sticker on the back of the set to the ingenious way the Mario model scales the obstacles. I thought the building of the picture scroll would be a little tedious but it was probably one of the most fun experiences of the entire build. Don't even think about it - order it as soon as it's available, and you'll have a blast.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fun I've had in a long time- September 1, 2020
This set was such a pleasure to build. For me, it was also the biggest set (most pieces) I've built. For this GenXer it was very nostalgic. The console itself looks incredibly real. I had a little trouble with the mechanism for inserting the game. It wouldn't click and stay down, but I quickly realized my mistake and corrected it easily. For me, the best part was building the screen and the mechanism to crank it. It all worked so perfectly, I was amazed. This was definitely the most fun I've had in a while. I was tempted to buy a second set just to rebuild it again. I highly recommend this!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good set, mechanisms stop working- May 25, 2021
I bought this set after the first restock. This was about a month after it came out and sold out right away. About 4 months after that, the mechanism in the console just does not work at all. I have to shake it around to get it to work at all, but in the instruction booklet it says they tested the mechanism hundreds of times and it still worked. So why does it just stop working? When I built it I didn't notice any damaged pieces, so that's not the problem. I don't let it get dusty, as i am a bit of a neat freak. This really bothers me, as this is one of my favorite lego sets I've ever gotten, and I've been collecting since i was 3 years old.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.