LEGO Technic: Heavy-Duty Excavator - 569 Pieces (42121)
Sold out online
- LEGO Technic: Heavy-Duty Excavator set encourages creativity and pretend play while building curiosity about construction
- Part of the LEGO Technic collection
- Suitable for ages 8 and up
- 569 pieces included
- Set includes the pieces required to construct an excavator or a tracked tractor
- Includes 4 cones plus extra pieces that emulate bricks to create the feel of a real worksite
- Completed excavator toy measures over 9" x 14.5" x 4" (with arm extended)
- LEGO Building Elements
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 10 reviewers who responded, 8 would recommend this product.
- More interesting than expected but unfortunate QC- 3 avril 2021
The set in general was great! I bought it because the mechanisms interested me and it had parts that I didn't have in my collection. The build took more attention to detail than I thought and the arm was more complex as well - both good things! It wasn't over quickly which makes it more enjoyable. However when adding a few pieces to the vehicle's body, there were several that didn't alight properly when placed beside eachother on one of the technic axles. The hole for the axle must be just a few degrees off. Noticeable only if you look closely. I wouldn't attribute this to the set itself, just some unfortunate mixing of parts.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minifig scale, would fit well in a City layout- 2 avril 2021
At first glance, I was not going to buy this set, just another excavator, but on closer inspection, noted that it was possibly minifig scale. The set was a fun build, not too complicated, but with plenty of Technic features. On completion, I did note that the cab was minifig scale, some small modifications and I was able to put a minifig in the cab. This adds to the playability in my opinion, maybe the designers could have considered this when designing the model. The completed model fits well in a city layout, this adds to the versatility of the model. It is not just a Technic model for display.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Little Machine!!!- 14 mars 2021
I have dozens of Lego sets of all varieties and have been building and collecting them for nearly 50 years! This is however my first review. when I saw this set come up I knew at once I would purchase it and I was in no way disappointed in doing so. In my estimation it is a great set at a great price point and I highly recommend it. That being said there is in my opinion one flaw... Good news, it is easily corrected with existing pieces from the set! The flaw resides in the "curl" function of the bucket which impairs its ability to adequately pick up or maintain a load. I have attached pictures which hopefully will aid anyone wishing to make the change. Thanks for reading and enjoy!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.