LG 4K UHD Blu-ray Player (UBK80)
- Ultra HD 4K lets you experience a true cinematic experience with an exceptional picture and immersive sound
- Supports 4K Ultra HD disc playback as well as legacy Blu-ray and standard DVDs
- HDR playback delivers breathtaking pictures enhanced with bolder contrast and more vibrant colours for true-to-life images
- High-resolution audio offers lossless sound playback from Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and FLAC file formats
- Backward compatibility allows you to still play your library of favourite standard Blu-ray discs and DVDs on this player while enjoying new discoveries as well
- Sleek, wide-body deck fits seamlessly into your streamlined equipment stack with its 17in. width
Required accessories (sold separately)
- HDMI cable to connect to your TV
- Internet modem or Ethernet connection for firmware updates
- Blu-Ray Player
- Remote Control
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1974 reviewers who responded, 1846 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Does the Job- January 13, 2020
We purchased this unit to go along with our new LG TV. It's very basic. You put the UHD disk in & hit play. It does not have any other streaming content like most devices today. So if you want that, then compare to similar models with those features. This unit works well with our TV Remote as well. But the (LG) remote is capable of working with other brands as well, so that shouldn't be the only deciding factor (in my opinion). If you get any UHD player, be sure and get a UHD rated HDMI cable to with that. Factor that into your expense. Overall, I am pleased with the unit. We have had good luck with the LG brand in the past as well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic blu-ray player that gets the job done- February 22, 2019
Watched the 4K/HDR version of Deadpool on this and it played great. It's a simple to use device with no "smart" features which I prefer. I think many people would find built in "smart" features redundant with all the other TVs and devices having those same capabilities and that would do them better. I could not get HDMI-CEC working though so I could not use my TV remote to control the player. As far as I can tell, the player should support it, but no amount of tinkering with the settings of my Samsung TV would pass through the remote control signals. For how affordable this player was though, HDMI-CEC not working is a compromise I'm OK with.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure???!- March 26, 2021
Ok but does not always work as smoothly as possible. Already have smart 4K tv, and stream all I have time to watch. However, I didn’t want to pay extra money for more features and so this one would make me see and use the the 4K and ultra movies. So this was the one and the options were limited, so again I went cheaper and slimmer. It has its moments but it doesn’t interface with my SoundTouch or tv remotes and has moments when it will freeze if it is in pause mode for too long. Once the screen goes into a longer screen hold then I cannot get the movie screen back until it is off for a few days. So I can’t say it’s crap but it isn’t right either?No, I would not recommend this to a friend.