Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream AC2600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 5 Wireless Router (EA8100-CA)
- Dual Wi-Fi-5 (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with combined AC2600 speeds of up to 2,533Mbps give you super-fast performance for uninterrupted gaming, streaming, and more in spaces up to 1,800 sq. ft.
- One WAN port, four LAN ports, and two USB ports allow quick data transfers across compatible devices
- MU-MIMO functionality allows multiple devices to be connected to the router simultaneously
- Beamforming results in robust, quick, and reliable wireless communication
- Four external antennas give you complete, reliable coverage throughout your home
- Device prioritisation allows you to give importance to a device that requires higher speeds
- Parental controls safeguard your kids from unsuitable content and access to certain controls, and even block target devices from accessing the internet
- Guest access feature lets you create a separate, password-secured Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests
- WEP, WPA2-Personal, and WPA2-Enterprise encryption algorithms come in effective for both home and organisational usage
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 41 reviewers who responded, 33 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- What an upgrade- November 27, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have five TVs that are connected to Amazon Fire TV boxes with streaming services. I have two gaming computers and two outdoor security cameras that are streaming twenty-four seven connected to my network. Since I live in a rural area, my internet service is only one gigabyte download and forty MPBS upload. This is the fastest service that can be provided in my area, and as you can imagine, I was having lots of issues with slow, lagging internet connections and video buffering. I was using a router that was provided by my internet provider. So I decided to give this Linksys router a trial run and, my goodness, what a noticeable improvement to my broadband connection. This Linksys router has MAX-STREAM, which provides two dedicated Wi-Fi bands with combined speeds of up to 2.6 Gbps on two bands and up to 5.0 gigahertz on the other two, so gaming performance was greatly improved. With four streams of data and the latest Wireless-AC technology, MU-MIMO video buffering is a thing of the past. I know I am getting the most up-to-date technology with this router. The router was very simple to put together. The four antennas are adjustable for maximum signal strength throughout your home. The instruction user manual is very easy to read and follow. You can even set this router with Alexa. I just wish I had done this a long time ago.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watching without cutting in and out- December 8, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I am liking Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream Dual-Band Router. I like that I can watch Netflix without it cutting in and out. My smart phone, 2 computers and lap top all seem to be faster. You can connect to either ethernet or wifi which gives you more possibilities. I like that it was easy to follow along with the directions on how to set this product up. It uses 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. I would recommend this product. The only thing I can think of is it would be nicer if the box was smaller.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but problems- February 20, 2021
I owned this router for 2 weeks and was having problems with dropped connections or failed connections from day one. It would randomly drop either the 2.4ghz signal one minute and the 5 a couple hours later. My house is 90% smart switches half of them using the 2.4 network so you can see how this is unacceptable. Even the other switches that use a HARDWIRED bridge went unresponsive on the day I decided to return it. I am not blacklisting the company as I went with Linksys after a friend recommended it however I cannot recommend this model. Purchased a TP link and have had 0 drops and effortless smart device connection.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Easy setup and great speed- December 6, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I am pleased with Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream Dual-Band Router. I like that I can connect ethernet or wifi. When I got this router, I was concerned about all the devices I had to run here at the house. All my (Smart) devices are all connected without any issue. This router can cover up to 1,800 sq. ft without a problem. My home is 1800 square feet and, I have no dead spots. My Cameras, doorbell, Alexa, Google, thermostat, and locks work great through the router without connection issues or dropping signals. Linksys EA8100 router is a good quality product. I also like that it is a dual-band and can transmit and receive data using both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. The router was easy to set up and connect to all my (Smart) devices. The router is reliable and, the speed is good. I do recommend this product to my friends and family. I am very impressed!! It is a much better router than what it replaced. There is no more restarting gateway or devices offline.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great signal- November 27, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Set up was very easy. Instructions were simple and had pictures. Took under 30mintues to set it up and make sure all my devices were connected. Also it has a very strong singnal and no problems streaming my outdoor cameras on it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.