Maytag 5.5 Cu. Ft. High Efficiency Front Load Steam Washer (MHW6630HC) - Metallic Slate
- Front-load washer has a stackable design, is energy efficient, and is gentle on clothes so there's less wear and tear in the wash
- 5.5 cu. ft. capacity makes this washer big enough for large families, and you can do fewer loads while still getting your entire wash done quickly
- Extra Boost Button employs dual temperature wash for effective stain fighting
- Fresh Hold option combines intermittent tumbling and an internal fan that circulates air to keep your newly washed clothes fresh for up to 16 hours after the cycle is over
- Sanitize cycle kills 99.9% of household bacteria by way of extra hot water
- Quick Wash cycle takes just 30 minutes to clean small, lightly soiled laundry loads
- Achieve an optimal cleaning through numerous washing cycles, like Clean Washer, Bulky Items, Colours, Heavy Duty, Normal, Delicates, Drain & Spin, Towels, Whites, and Wrinkle Control
- Maytag's commercial grade washer features a stainless steel wash basket and heavy-duty, direct drive motor that are engineered for maximum durability and a long life
- Metallic slate finish brings a stylish and contemporary look to today's modern homes
- Effective dryer pairing requires you to choose a model with approximately double the internal capacity of this washer
- Dimensions: Width: 27"; height: 38.63"; depth: 32.94"
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.)
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1430 reviewers who responded, 1290 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good but not great...- May 12, 2021
Love the look. Very modern and stylish, but there are just some little things that I'm not totally happy with. It may just be the unit I received but the fabric softener cup doesn't always empty. The cycle lock remains locked even after the cycle ends and you've moved clothes to the dryer. (You have to unlock it before you can run a new cycle.) The dial on the front that you use to choose your cycle is very cheap looking. Could definitely be more attractive to fit with the rest of the unit. Cleaning wise, it's been just great. It does tend to make more noise than the 15-year old LG washer that it replaced, but nothing too irritating.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of useful features- May 18, 2021
(This review was collected as part of a promotion.) We replaced our 11 year old Maytag Series 2000 washer with this front load Matag and we anticipate receiving the same excellent service as we did in the past. This model is even quieter than the one it replaced. The cabinets are rather large, we had to adjust the power supply boxes so that power cords could reach the outlets. We have stacked our washer and dryer and the metal package is significantly larger than the was the case with the previous model, this makes it difficult, for people who are 5 feet 6 inches tall or shorter to read and to manipulate the controls. I miss having the controls that I had gotten used to on the older units.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filter- February 25, 2021
For the first time, I just purchased the Maytag team and pedestals. Still waiting on the dryer and pedestals to arrive (could be up to 6 weeks thanks to Covid) but the washer is installed and doing a good job so far. What I don't like about this appliance compared to my worn out LG washer, is the filter is on the the back of the machine which would have to be pulled out and the back taken off in order to clean it. Seems odd that you would have to go through all that in order to do regular cleaning of the drain as part of regular maintenance! Take a lesson from LG maybe and put the drain on the front for us weak older folks please.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.