Metroid: Samus Returns Special Edition (3DS)
Special Edition, special perks
- Includes a physical copy of the main game, plus a 25-track Metroid franchise soundtrack and a reversible title-sheet insert for the game case
Classic Metroid action and adventure
- Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran
- Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1991 Game Boy adventure
Rebuilt from the ground up for the 3DS
- Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await
- This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems
Number of Players
- Metroid Samus Returns Game
- Sound-Selection CD
- Reversible Title Sheet
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 247 reviewers who responded, 244 would recommend this product.
- The game is great, the SE stuff is meh- October 11, 2017
This is a great remake. Nintendo has done a wonderful job of modernizing this game. I really hope they bring back some other games. They have a wonderful library to choose from. If you want a great action/explorer game with some pretty fantastic atmosphere, look no further than Samus Returns. If you google the EU version of the special edition, you'll see how a special edition should be done. The fact that the only thing that makes this version special is the coin is pathetic. The coin is great, don't get me wrong, but it's really meh. Nintendo should be embarrassed by this. I would recommend getting the regular version over this one.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to Have Samus Back- December 23, 2017
It is very good to have Samus back in a more traditional Metroid experience. This is a good remake of Metroid II, which was a game that really needed a remake. The game features 2.5D graphics and has wonderful stereoscopic 3D. The gameplay keeps the original Metroid feel but adds new moves in such as the ability to aim more freely which works out quite well, as well as a melee strike attack that you can use to parry enemy attacks. This works well, however, I never felt that the game made good use of this feature. Parrying was a bore to do and was more of a waiting game. Over all though the game is a solid affair and any Metroid fan should jump in.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous. Addictive. Metroid is Back!- November 7, 2017
As a longtime fan of Metroid this game surpassed my expectations. Samus controls beautifully, she has new abilities that freshen up the classic 2D gameplay, and the game is great for either speedrunning or taking your time and searching for items. Highly recommend playing on a 3DS system as the 3D effect works better than I've seen in any other game! (The special edition doesn't add anything amazing, just a sound CD with a pretty good selection of Metroid tunes, and some cute reversible box art that makes the game look like Metroid 2 on Game Boy. Whether that's worth paying extra is up to you. I like mine.)Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.