Microsoft Surface Dock 2 (SVS-00001)
- Convenient dock station turns your Microsoft Surface laptop into a desktop with various connectivity ports
- Two front-facing USB Type-C ports and two rear USB Type-C (Gen 2) ports allow you to connect compatible external monitors, plus power delivery support lets you charge up your smartphones and other accessories directly from the dock
- Two USB-A ports on the back allow you to connect your computer peripherals like a keyboard, mouse, printer, and more with ease
- Gigabit ethernet port allows you to connect your laptop to a reliable wired network at your home or office
- Supports dual 4K displays at 60Hz simultaneously, so your dual-monitor setup gets precise image quality without any lag or screen tearing
- 10Gbps of data transfer rates allow you to quickly transfer your photos, videos, and other data between your laptop and external storage devices like portable hard drives and USB flash drives
- 199W power supply delivers plenty of power for efficiently handling video editing and other high-level computing tasks
- 80cm-long Surface Connect cable offers a consistent, reliable bridge between your Microsoft Surface and the docking station
- Compatible with Kensington security locks to prevent theft
- AC Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 385 reviewers who responded, 349 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Addition- August 7, 2021
excellent Dock. the quality was very cared and versatile with the option its provides. My only suggestion would be the size. it is not small is your have have a small work surface.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, surface only and heavy- August 16, 2020
The goal was to allow the surface connect port to directly connect to the PCIe bus with maximum potential. Sure, supplying 2 4k panels at 60hz is nice but none of the 4 type c ports are lightning. This is sad too since Microsoft addressed the issue being that lightning devices can allow hacking into PCIe ports which I should hope is possible since that's the only way to get that speed. Microsoft is taking a backwards approach on their extremely unique and awesome tech with the surface connect port. Give businesses and consumers the advantage ls using thunderbolt 3, the device costs enough and is heavy enough for whatever internals you need.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Takes getting used to- September 29, 2020
Having a Surface for over 5 years, I’ve always used the surface dock that I place my surface info. This is different because it’s just a simple plug in. Honestly, there are many other less expensive alternatives to use if I just wanted to have more USB ports or to use a 2nd screen, but my surface has a case to protect it. All the other usb extensions requires for my surface to have no case. This is the only solution that allows me to use the power adaptor instead of having to plug into the video/usb port on my surface. This device works well but I still think it’s way to expensive (about 10 - 20% of the cost of the surface itself) for what it does.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Essential accessory for the Surface Book 3 desktop- June 9, 2020
Connected my 4k monitor and all peripherals with ease. It's nice having one cable to manage everything on my SB3 as TB3 is unavailable so this proprietary interface was the next best thing. Does everything I need it to do, and can be available with some discounts even though it was only recently released. Highly recommended for anyone who is going to be at a multi-monitor desk with a SB3. For SB2, I also recommend this because it will deliver 95w to the SurfaceConnect port, compared to 60w from the previous dock. For other Surface devices, it is possible the first generation meets your needs, especially if you do not have many USB-C devices to plug in.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must need if docking surface laptop- November 3, 2021
I got this to help me when school was online only for Covid. I’m a computer science major so I needed more screen real estate if I had to watch my lectures online now. I connect everything to the dock which includes the hdmi, Ethernet, lighting and usb c for my phone and tablet, aux cable for speakers, and finally my backup ssd. Keyboard and mouse were Bluetooth. With the surface limited on ports I had to compromise what I could connect, now that it’s all connected to the dock, I just have to connect the surface cable to my laptop and everything is set. The charging is an extra bonus. Would recommend to anyone with a surface and needs the extra connections.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.