Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 12.4" Touchscreen Laptop -Sandstone (Intel i5-1035G1/256GB SSD/8GB RAM) -En
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 10th-gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 quad-core processor with base processor speed of 1.0GHz and a Turbo frequency of 3.6GHz, and 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM deliver powerful computing performance in a compact package
- 256GB solid-state drive (SSD) gives you fast, reliable storage space for essential apps, files, and more
- 12.45" PixelSense touchscreen display with 1536 x 1024 resolution delivers gorgeous visuals to keep you productive and engaged in all your browsing, work, movies, TV shows, games, and beyond
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/a/ax) is backwards compatible for high-speed connections to wireless networks
- Bluetooth 5.0 pairs up with a variety of compatible wireless devices such as headphones, keyboards, mice, and more
- Two USB 3.0 ports, USB-C port, Surface Connect, and an audio jack give you fast data transfer speeds, power delivery, wired audio options, and much more
- 5403mAh, 4-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers up to 13 hours of battery life on a single charge
- Fast-charging option can boost the battery up to 80% in about an hour
- 720p HD webcam is perfect for video chats, meetings, and virtual get-togethers
- Omnisonic speakers (hidden below the keyboard) and Dolby Audio pump out powerful, immersive sound
- Full-size English-language keyboard with large precision trackpad lets you type in comfort all day
- Miracast capability lets you cast your screen to compatible devices
- Durable, cool-metal finish and light, portable design (at just 2.44 lb.) make this perfect to take with you wherever you go
- Windows Hello sign-in adds a layer of convenient security
- Windows 10 Home in S Mode (English-language version) lets you run your favourite apps and keep up on social media
- Best Buy Canada is the Exclusive Retail Partner for the Sandstone colour
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Safety and Warranty Documents
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 172 reviewers who responded, 157 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Beautiful laptop with excellent functionality- December 26, 2020
We bought this laptop for our 12 year old daughter for Christmas. My husband was set on this laptop because of the Microsoft brand , the memory space and lastly the look. He wanted something for her that had great functionality first but also felt young and hip for her. This laptop is something that corporate America operates with so why not get her started at an early age . The laptop is light weight , with a nice sleek keyboard and mouse pad . The color of the laptop is beautiful , looks like a rose gold color even though that’s not the name of the color. The charger is magnetic and is easy to attach. The screen is a touch screen and is very sleek. She’s had it 2 days only but so far it excellent. Would highly recommend this to others.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great laptop but I had some issues early on- November 21, 2021
This laptop is great and works perfectly fine without any issues, however, I bought this laptop Nov 13, 2021, and I only had it for a week and I am noticing a couple of things happening to the laptop such as a random black screen, not charging properly or at all, and the sound not working as well. Because of these issues, I will be returning the laptop for another Microsoft Surface Laptop Go and I hoping that the next one I get won't come with any issues. Other than that this laptop is great for college students much like myself. Also, the battery life could be better!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable High Quality Laptop- October 21, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This is the perfect laptop for school and/or work. It feels so high end to me but has a very affordable price. It amazes me how lightweight it is, the size makes it so convenient to bring with me anywhere I go. The battery lasts all day even when I'm constantly streaming videos, movies, and music along with browsing the web for hours at a time. Pros: -Beautiful design -Super lightweight -Extremely thin -Very portable -Long lasting battery life -Quick to charge -Fingerprint login works great -Setup with Cortana made everything very easy and simple -Great price point - affordable -Responsive touch screen Cons: -Max Brightness isn't as high as I'd like -Does not have a backlit keyboard -Can only handle basic tasks (not built for gaming) -Fan can be a bit loud at times [Disclosure: Reviewers in this invitation-only program are provided products for the purpose of writing honest, unbiased reviews - This review reflects my honest beliefs, opinions & experiences] I highly recommend the Microsoft Surface Laptop GoYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst laptop ever- April 12, 2022
Straight out the box the fan is blowing loud. I can see if I was running something heavy but this thing just booted up! I really wanted to like this and keep it but now I have to return it the same day i got it. Also be careful as Best Buy is selling used things to people, I paid brand new price so the box should’ve looked brand new and the laptop should have preformed brand new for $700 price point. My old $200 hp laptop works better than this and never has blew like an airplane, and that’s more expected on a $200 device then something almost 1,000.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent laptop- January 1, 2021
I got this for my daughter as a Christmas present. After spending some time setting it up, I wouldn't mind getting one for myself as a lightweight device for work or just casual use around the house. The premium build quality is outstanding. I like the Windows Hello fingerprint option - seems to work great. There are some tradeoffs when compared to the Surface Laptop 3 that I use such as lack of Windows Hello camera and backlit keyboard, but those aren't deal breakers. The one slightly negative thing I noticed is that you have to have a pretty good grip on the device when trying to open the lid.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.