MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk ATX AM4 Motherboard
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection Replacement PlanSee benefits
- AM4 socket supports 2nd- and 3rd-generation AMD Ryzen processors to offer a smooth multi-tasking and gaming experience
- ATX form factor allows you to easily customise the PC hardware
- Four dual-channel DDR4-2666 RAM (OC) slots allows you to add up to 128GB of memory
- PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphic cards enables an excellent gaming experience
- Lightning Gen 4 M.2 slots with up to 64GB/s transfer speeds for fast onboard storage
- Integrated 2.5GbE + 1GbE port allows for exceptionally fast data transfer speeds
- Realtek ALC1220 7.1-channel HD codec support offers the option for you to enjoy high-definition audio
- MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk ATX Motherboard
- I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA Cables
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 22 reviewers who responded, 20 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- What a powerhouse!- September 5, 2020
I purchased this motherboard because of it's superb VRM (voltage regulation module) This is why you see such large heat sinks along the top left of the board. VRM quality should be one of your MUST HAVEs when shopping for a motherboard. The thickness of the PCB as well. Motherboards are complex. I'll try to be brief about the other reasons. PCIe 4.0. Two M.2 slots. BIOS flashback and several other features were great to have as well. The board does have some basic RGB lighting but I don't really care about that stuff. Manual was a bit stingy with info and I had to search the board itself for the location of jacks and pins.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great features for the price- August 22, 2020
I have been waiting for this board ever since it was announced. It was sold out quickly so I had to wait. I was worried about paying a premium or a markup but BB had it at the MSRP which was nice. Pro: No issues with delivery, installation or setup. Popped in my Ryzen 3700X, etc. and took off. Did the BIOS update later. Great features and flexibility for most needs. Very capable board for the long term. Con: Software comes on CD. Since I didn't have an optical drive on this build, had to download everything from MSI and install it seperately. A USB or initial install package on the website would be nice.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienced random slowness consistently- January 21, 2021
I purchased this motherboard to go along with my 5800x because it seemed to get pretty good reviews. Installation was pretty smooth and everything seemed to be working OK, but I noticed that my computer would randomly get super slow after being on for an hour or two, and the only solution was to reboot. It would then be fine again for an hour or two, slow down, reboot, etc. I tried everything, updating drivers, switching ram, switching hard drives, and the problem persisted. I got tired of troubleshooting and returned it for an Asus board, and havent had any problems since.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.