Google Nest Cam WiFi Indoor IP Camera - Black
When you're away from home, a whole host of things can happen. From the unthinkable like a break-in to wish-I-were-there moments like your toddler dancing to the radio, there's lots you can miss when you're not home. For a sense of security and ability to stay connected to your home, there's Google Nest Cam.
Google Nest Cam is a stand-alone IP camera that works over your home's internet connection to record footage and enable remote surveillance from your mobile device. Install one near the front door to record the comings and goings in your home, put one in the nursery as a baby monitor, or affix one to the refrigerator to watch your mischievous dog in the kitchen. Google Nest Cam can keep an eye on things when you're not around.
What you need to know:
- 24/7 live video streaming: This wireless stand-alone IP camera works over your home's WiFi network, so you can access live and recorded footage from the Nest app on your compatible mobile device (phone or tablet with iOS 7 or later, or Android 4 or later).
- Alerts on your phone: When Google Nest Cam detects motion, it'll send a notification to your smartphone if you have motion alerts turned on.
- Night vision: Night vision LED sensors enable a clear view when it's dark, so you can see everything that's going on, even if the lights are out.
- Talk and listen: 2-way audio records sound and allows you to communicate with family members or pets at home.
- Easy setup: Google Nest Cam is so easy to install; simply plug it in and set it up from your phone. You can stand it on a table, mount it to a wall, set it on a tripod (sold separately), or stick it to a metal surface thanks to its built-in magnet.
- Nest Aware: Get a 30-day free trial to Nest Aware, a subscription service that records 24/7 footage and saves it to the cloud, so you can play it back and see what you missed. It also features advanced motion sensing, highlights moments where there is motion or sound, focuses on important areas, and even allows you to create timelapse videos and save clips.The free trial records up to 30 days of continuous footage.
- Your data is secure: Google Nest Cam uses bank-level data security to ensure your video remains private.
- See the bigger picture: Wide 130-degree vertical and horizontal viewing angles give you a broad picture of the room, while 8x optical zoom lets you get in close on the action.
- Crystal-clear recording: The camera's CMOS sensor records in crystal-clear Full HD 1080p resolution, so you get a great view of what's going on in your home. Choose from scheduled or triggered recording.
- Convenient voice controls: Works with Google Assistant for convenient voice controls.
- Works with Nest: Google Nest Cam automatically works with other Google Nest products, including Google Nest Thermostat and Google Nest Protect. It automatically turns on when Google Nest Thermostat is set to Away, and starts recording if Google Nest Protect detects smoke.
- Wired power: Google Nest Cam operates with the included power adapter, and comes with a 10-foot USB cable for versatile placement.
- Nest Aware cloud storage: 30-day free trial of Nest Aware cloud storage included (limited to one per home); if you subscribe to Nest Aware, your camera streams all video to the cloud for secure offsite storage. Add a Nest Aware subscription for all your Nest cameras, speakers, and displays so you can get more video history and alerts that matter
- Nest Cam Indoor Camera
- 10-Foot USB Cable and Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Welcome Guide
- Window Decal
- Nest Screws
- Wall-Mounting Plate
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 145 reviewers who responded, 140 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Not the best- March 1, 2017
Nest is a good concept but doesn't deliver. It's not wireless as you need to plug in via USB (which is provided) but really limits your placement options. It only adjusts front to back not side to side which again limits placement. The picture is crisp however lags a lot (anywhere from a 2.5 second to 20+ second delay). App is okay but could have more options. It does record the videos however this is on a yearly paid subscription. 2 way mic is clear when listening to the sound recorded on the camera but very muffled for when you relay a message through it. I used it for a day and returned for the Arlo. I don't recommend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Money Well spent- January 28, 2018
I have been looking at one of these cameras for quite some time and was lucky enough to receive this nest camera as a gift last Christmas. Almost too easy to set up and works incredibly well.Although only up for about 10 days so far it continues to monitor my home and provides an additional sense of security when ever someone or something approaches the room. Compliments my Nest thermostat as the app shows all the pertinent information you would need with a single glance on my phone of both the current temperature of my home and the room where the camera is placed NEST continues to provide exceptional everyday products to make our lives easier and better A great productYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Warning- July 24, 2015
If you want to review ANY history after the free trial, you will have to pay a subscription fee. If you opt not to pay, this becomes a live cam ONLY. You will still receive Motion and Noise alerts on your mobile device, but will be unable to review what caused the alert - even seconds after the alert comes in. I would recommend looking into the Canary (search kickstarter - it is a full product now) It will allow you to review a few days worth of history and you can subscribe for longer retention. I am deeply disappointed with NEST's decision to not keep even 24 hours worth of history for the unsubscribed.
Not helpful (0)Report