NETGEAR 4-Stream AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Extender (EAX20)
- Works with existing Wi-Fi technology to boost your coverage and reduce dead zones in your home
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with OFDMA technology effectively utilizes bandwidth to provide Wi-Fi access to more devices simultaneously
- Backwards compatibility supports all older Wi-Fi devices, including those compatible with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n), and earlier Wi-Fi versions (802.11a/b/g)
- 1.5Ghz quad-core processor delivers powerful performance, smooth streaming, and hassle-free gaming
- Four Ethernet ports let you connect to components without wireless capabilities like gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, desktop computers, and more
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 283 reviewers who responded, 222 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great Extender! Long Distance Wifi- June 17, 2020
I have recently have been using the AX1800 WiFi extender for the past week and I have been more than happy with my internet coverage around my home. I did have some problems setting the extender up and connecting to it but a simple reboot of the router and extender fixed the issue. The coverage around my home has been great. In the past I had to use mobile data on my phone to listen to music while mowing my backyard but now I can stay on my wifi because of the extender. Overall I am very pleased with how well this product works and it also works well with the Nighthawk router. I received is product through the Netgear review and test program.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stability issue if connected to router via etherne- March 13, 2021
I encountered frequent “internet connection lost” error messages in the devices that were using this extender over my home Wi-Fi for internet connections. The status lights were always “on” indicating connection and Wi-Fi signal etc. were functioning. netgears online support was of no help. Problem turned out to/seems to be due to the fact that I had both the netgear Wi-Fi cable router and this mesh extender plugged into the Ethernet backbone in my house. Unplugging the extenders Ethernet cable from the Ethernet backbone, leaving just the Wi-Fi router connected to the home Ethernet backbone, seems to have resolved the issue .No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Just works- April 10, 2021
Moved my workstation to the far end of the basement and was only getting 7mbps, not enough for a reliable connection to the office vpn. The Netgear EAX20 was delivered at 11.36 AM and before noon I was online with 35 mbps, well above the 50% of my primary router that I was expecting. My laptop mostly stays in the docking station but my iPad and iPhone go with me all over the house without any connection issues. I was very happy the first day and am still happy after 4 weeks. I was very nervous about solving my WiFi reception issue because the internet is a mystery to me. Reviews seem to ding the EAX20 for being expensive, but it was worth every penny to me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.