NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX5400 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX50-100CNS) - Only at Best Buy
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) enabled router with OFDMA offers speeds of up to 5.4Gbps for optimum performance
- Four LAN ports and a WAN port let you conveniently connect laptops or computers for high-speed wired connectivity
- Robust triple-core 1.5Ghz processor keeps the network performing at maximum speed for lag-free online gaming and smooth 4K UHD streaming on smart TVs, smartphones, and gaming consoles
- Beamforming technology improves signal reception and reduces interference for a stronger and faster wireless connection
- USB 3.0 port offers high speed access to an optional network storage device
- High-power amplifiers ensure a strong connection in every nook and every corner of your home
- 802.11i, WPA3 and 128-bit AES encryption with PSK keep your network safe from external attacks and hacking attempts
- Backwards compatibility supports all older Wi-Fi devices, including those compatible with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n), and earlier Wi-Fi versions (802.11a/b/g)
- Built-in Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant let you control devices, play music, set reminders, and access information hands-free through voice controls
- Guest access feature lets your guests and visitors temporarily access the internet securely through your router
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 16 reviewers who responded, 11 would recommend this product.
- Stability- May 15, 2020
I’d previous owned an AX120 and didn’t realize how spoiled I was until I no longer had it. I knew it was the right decision to get rid off as my apartment was far too small for that much wifi power, so I looked all over and through sheer luck came across the AX50, and boy does it ever fill big brother’s shoes! It’s as stable and consistently fast connection to all 8 paired devices, just as the AX120. The big reason why I got it this time is for a take-home standardizes exam. It turns out I was deducted two questions due to faulty connection, but with this AX50 I’ve yet to have any single issue. (HINT: AX120 NEVER did so I’m not expecting any!)
- Disappointed- July 30, 2020
Purchased this router to replace an old Nighthawk R7000. When comparing WiFi signals side by side, the RAX50 was slightly better than the R7000 on the 2.4 GHz band, but the real disappointment is in the 5 GHz band. The RAX50 would barely make two thirds of the R7000. It was bad enough that nothing would connect to 5 GHz when you were a floor away from the router. I went through every setting imaginable on the router to try and get better performance with no luck. I reverted back to the R7000 and devices at the furthest reaches of my house would connect at 5 GHz again. Further reading about Netgear's routers makes me question the quality of new Netgear devices. I am going to try a different brand.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report
- Super Fast- December 25, 2020
I have had fiber optic internet for the past 3 years but never justified the cost to upgrade to a router that would really take advantage of the potential. Now that my wife has been working from home over the last year (thanks Covid) the cost for a new router was finally justified. This router not only boosted my speeds to an average of 500 Mbps up and down but it also reaches every corner of my fairly large house. The old router barely reached the office and now my wife is the one getting annoyed with her coworkers for having crappy internet. Oh how the tables have turned, thanks NETGEAR. Also worth noting that the app makes setup and managing your router a breeze.