NETGEAR Nighthawk 8-Stream Wireless AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RAX70)
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) router (backwards compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and previous generations) features 6 antennas to provide extensive coverage in your home or workspace
- 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 5GHz tri-band network offers a maximum data rate 6.6Gbps (600 + 1200 + 4800Mbps) to enable UHD streaming for multiple devices at the same time
- Four LAN ports and one WAN port offer reliable wired connectivity to the router for multiple devices
- Parental controls and Guest Access feature give you complete control on the content being accessed by users connected to the router
- Simple management ensures you can install and set up your home Wi-Fi quickly and easily
- 128-bit AES encryption prevents unauthorised access to your data stream
- Built-in support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support lets you control the router with simple voice commands
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, macOS, UNIX, or Linux operating systems
- Supports Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome 55 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher, and Safari 10 or higher
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor ensures excellent network performance and speed
- ReadySHARE Vault application makes sharing and accessing stored data easy and safe
- NETGEAR Armor guards your devices with several layers of security and keeps your family safe from spyware and phishing
- Ten LEDs provide a quick summary of connectivity status, number of connected devices, and other information
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 21 reviewers who responded, 15 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Transformed the WiFi in my apartment- 17 juillet 2021
My apartment complex only offers one WiFi company which is already a bummer. And I was paying for 1000 mbps and the modem they gave me only put out 300 - 400 of the 1000 so it was clearly not giving me my moneys worth. So I decided to buy the router which drastically improved my WiFi to 800 - 900 mbps I would highly recommend this product not only does it speed up my WiFi significantly but you can create your own dedicated network separate from the one you create with your ISP and you can protect your network through the app as well as create a guest WiFi network if you don’t want a ton of devices on your main one.
- Outstanding high-powered router- 14 avril 2021
The Netgear Nighthawk router is superb in all respects. It pushes 800-900 Mgps easily throughout all levels of our home (4K sq ft). Setup is a breeze. Setup is completed via the Nighthawk mobile app, which is the first time I’ve ever seen a non-Commercial Service Provider (CSP) router set up this way. Also, the added analytic and security features are excellent if you have children and/or guests using your main and/or guest internet networks. HIGHLY recommend this product if your CSP router isn’t performing as advertised and/or delivering the quality of internet speed you are probably paying serious money for.
- Fast router- 9 mai 2021
The router seems pretty fast and has great controls and settings included with it. The app used to connect to it and control it is actually a decent app. The only con I’ve had so far is that the app notifies me when a NEW device is connected. Well about a week ago the router must have automatically updated itself and when it came back online all the devices re-connected to it at once. It sent me 40 notifications over the next 3 minute period. My phone was going absolutely nuts. It’s suppose to only send a notification with a new device, not a existing known devices. It’s only done this one time over the past couple months I’ve owned this router, so i remain happy and satisfied.
- Keeps Dropping the 2.4 GHz band.- 3 février 2021
Bought this to replace the old netgear router (Wi-Fi 4). While these new speeds are much better, it keeps dropping the 2.4 GHz band for only two devices. While it could be the age of these devices, they consistently lose a signal when Smart connect is on. It can take hours for the signal to fail, or it can take minutes, but the signal WILL fail. Turning off smart connect seems to solve the issue. I hope the smart connect issue can be patched smehow, because it's a nice idea. Considering returning it for an older model that might be more reliable. Three bands just might be too much to program for right now.
- Let’s be brief…- 9 juin 2021
Installed my RAX70 On a Friday and had trouble connecting with an existing network in my home. After an evening of working with it I called customer support on Saturday and within five minutes was connected with an expert who communicated well and was able to get me connected and registered within 10 minutes. I don’t want to set that expectation but I want to complement both the product in the customer support. After connecting with my existing network and adding two extenders I was able to achieve full coverage for an approximately 6000 square-foot home. A month later I still have astounding coverage and reliability. I am very pleased with the RAX70, the extenders and the support.