NETGEAR ProSafe Plus 24-Port Gigabit Network Switch (JGS524NA)
- 24-port switch for connecting multiple devices like desktops, printers, servers, and other 10-,100-, and 1000Mbps devices
- Each port delivers up to 2000Mbps of network speed (full duplex) for speedy data transfers
- Auto-switching and auto-sensing10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet connection to instantly move files across connected devices
- Auto Uplink technology to adjust for straight-through or crossover cables
- Auto Power-Down Mode and Auto Green Mode adjust power usage when port is unused and based on cable length to save energy
- Compact design for mounting in a standard 19-inch rack or placed on desktop
- Metal housing with Kensington locking slot for reliable security
- Plug-and-play design lets you start using the switch right away without any configurations or adjustments
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 445 reviewers who responded, 438 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great SOHO switch!!!- February 2, 2020
This Netgear switch was a great addition to my small home network. It afforded me the opportunity to add more hardwire connections than I previously had with my ISP leased router. Being that I previously worked as a network infrastructure installer, I was able to save money and do the installation myself. Currently I am using about half of the available ports of the switch with no issues at all. I would purchase this switch again and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable, low maintenance switch.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful unit- September 7, 2007
I upgraded to this unit after I outgrew the 8-port gigabit switch I had. This unit runs great, and has lots of room for me to grow. I would recommend this to anyone that needs more than 8 ports for their home/office and need them to be GigaBit. One thing to keep in mind though, because it is gigabit and does have 24 ports on it, it does have a pretty powerful CPU. As a result it does have a fan, but this device belongs in a server room or telco closet anyways, not on your desk. Its not really loud, but its got a high pitch fan, where as a PC has a larger lower pitched fan. Just something to consider.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great switch at a great price- May 24, 2019
I bought the Netgear ProSafe JGS524 24 port Gigabit Ethernet switch because we moved into a remodeled house and I installed Ethernet in every room of the house. It has preformed flawlessly for me and the lifetime warranty on this switch gives me peace of mind should I ever need it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Switch- August 9, 2015
I have used my fair share of switches over the year. From enterprise class to basic dumb hub/consumer switches. This is a high end unmanaged switch and is perfect for my needs. I have approximately 30 devices on my network, about half of them are wired with a mix of gigabit and normal fast Ethernet. I see no performance problems with using this switch. My network has a bunch of streaming video services as well as PlayStation 4 console, plus most importantly I have a special datafeed for day trading futures. This switch can handle all of this without bogging down. Quite pleased.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I needed for my home- April 21, 2017
I replaced 2 each 8 port hubs with this 24 port switch & only then found out that some of my computers were capable of gigabit speeds. It works great.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.