Nextbase 522GW 1440p Dash Cam w/ 3" HD Touch Screen Wi-Fi & Amazon Alexa Built In - Only at Best Buy
- 2560 x 1440 Quad HD recording at 30fps plus an 1080p HD option captures sharp, high-definition videos that are stored in MP4 format video files
- Integrated polarizing lens significantly minimizes windscreen glare and reflection
- 140-degree viewing angle and JPG still image format offer you a wide and clear road view
- Night Vision mode for capturing clear pictures in low light conditions
- Auto-save feature automatically shoots and stores the video footage
- Loop recording keeps the camera rolling even after the memory is full
- 3" HD IPS LED touchscreen for a brighter view and for engaging in user-friendly menu selection and playback options
- Emergency SOS response signals nearby emergency services by sending details of your location
- Amazon Alexa built in gives your hands-free control of playing music and accessing smart home devices by sending voice commands to the app so your eyes stay safely on the road
- G-Sensor secures and moves video footage to a folder when it records values that exceed the pre-set value, which helps you keep a record of incidents and accidents
- Intelligent Parking Mode with motion sensors detects movements and bumps on your vehicle when left unattended
- Autosync feature from the cam's Bluetooth automatically sends crash reports directly to the user's phone
- QuickLink Wi-Fi lets you share and view the footage on a PC or Mac through MyNxtbase Connect app
- 10Hz GPS creates accurate location data so you always know where footage was recorded
- Rear View Module (sold separately) allows you to record the rear-view journey for all around protection
- Supports up to 128GB SD memory to store all captured footage
- Click&Go PRO mount makes for easy one-handed cam installation and removal
- Auto on/off mode gets the camera into shooting mode when vehicle is started and stops automatically when engine is turned off
- 1 HDMI port and a USB connection cable let you transfer footage to PCs, laptops, and other peripherals
Connectivity & Media
- 1440p Dash Cam with GPS antenna built-in
- Click&Go PRO mount
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 66 reviewers who responded, 50 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Useful, works as expected!- November 30, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] So far, it has been flawless. More than adequate for everyday dashcam use. Comes with a suction mount .The mounting system is good ,helds up nicely in hot and cold weather, no problem. It is really nice not having to unplug a cord when you want to remove the camera from the car. Really long cord so you can plug in out of sight and run all the way up to where you want to place it. The picture quality is good and the night vision is also good.The quick connect with power is a really cool feature I haven't seen before. I have ran this in early evening and early morning when it's dark and the quality is outstanding, when I am driving when it's dark , the video playback shows to be much brighter, It record approx accurate speed and location as it claims. Essential item these days and everything is laid out like you would expect.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dashcam with lots of features- January 9, 2022
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This is a great dashcam with mobile app capabilities. The install was pretty straight forward; it comes with a windshield mount that has adhesive backing and one that is a suction cup (I used the adhesive one). The actual camera snaps on and off the windshield mount via a really strong magnetic connection to make it easy to take on and off. The camera has lots of options and settings including choosing between 1, 2 or 3 minute recording intervals (this makes it easier to send the clips if needed later). It automatically comes on when you turn your vehicle on and begins recording. It also auto shuts off within a minute once the vehicle is off. The dashcam also comes with a host of smartphone capabilities via an app including Alexa voice integration.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much technology in a small package!- November 23, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have heard of but have never used or owned a dashboard camera so I was really excited to see what one was all about & if it did work well! This nextbase 522 GW camera is a lot of technology in a small package! Included is: the camera itself, the car charger, a/c house charger, suction cup & 3m magnetic mounts, an SD card, manuals & a sticker for your car. I charged the camera fully in the house, followed the instructions to download/setup the app on my phone & sync the camera & also setup the voice assistant (A word). It overall was a super smooth & pretty fast process! I did have to adjust the date/time & do a firmware update with my phone (app) before I was completely ready to go but it took very little time, considering I did it inside with Wi-Fi. Once I myself got loaded into my van, it's a rear entry, ramp wheelchair accessible van. My friend/aide/driver positioned the camera & suction mount in a spot that we could both see the screen, she could reach it while driving if needed & I could still control it &/or use the app as needed. My older child in the front passenger seat would also have access once taught how to use it since I'm stuck in the back of the van lol. So, this booted right up & was ready to go for a ride! In the beginning I used the settings it Automatically loaded but then I adjusted try out all & which I preferred. I went for 3 min videos at a time at a slightly less high quality imagine. The camera touch screen is perfect, it worked right away! The camera screen quality iss amazing, very clear (140 degree viewing angle!). I also noticed that this camera records inside & outside of the vehicle audio! It works very well, however I turned it off as there is always a lot of talking or singing for my family/friends & I especially on longer driving trips haha. I love that within the cell phone app there is a live view feature. If for some reason I can't see the dash cam on the windshield itself, I can still watch what is being recorded. There is also a spot send any accident info right to your insurance company via the app! This really is amazing. While recording there is time/date stamp, gps location info & speed info all loaded within your one to three min each recordings! I thankfully haven't needed to test the SOS emergency feature, but be aware that this device has that feature. I obviously suggest you read the info within the included paperwork, just in case! The voice assistant was very easy to program & was decently responsive. I have a 2008 van, so it has no Wi-Fi. I used the Wi-Fi & bluetooth within the device & my cell phone to test her feature out. When asked for directions she understood (after 2 tries) & gave us directions to & from a few places around town. I find that, since my van doesn't have its own Wi-Fi, this feature works best when the app connected device is closer to the camera unit.best results were when my phone was with the upfront passenger. But in all honesty, I haven't had any issues with setup & usage! It is almost flawless. I now need to look into the read camera attachment & see how they work together! I'm very impressed by this device & can't wait for it to be safe enough to show of the camera to family & truly put it through the paces on a vacation! Thanks nextbase for such an awesome piece of safety technology!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never thought I needed a dash camera…- December 1, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This dashboard camera when the settings are just so records beautifully. Great investment for scenic routes or if you happen to get in a car crash it even has a G force feature if that tells you the force of impact in a crash. However, the app is very persnickety! I have yet to be able to download video from the app I normally have to hardwire the camera to my computer to download the video. If the app was as amazing as the camera this would be an awesome dashboard camera! The camera comes with a ton of features love the GPS I love the fact that you can change it to where it shows you your speed. Video quality is awesome!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Camera is nice but...- July 16, 2020
Bought this for my spouse for his new vehicle with the rear view cam. Now there is a rear cam and a cabin cam so make sure you look closely at which one you decide to purchase because the angles are different. We found the rear cam worked best for us. This camera gets a 3 star for being a great cam but having an overly disappointing app. I have a new phone and am tech savvy but the app makes me want to rip my hair out. It's slow to connect even if it does. It's best to pull the sd card and load to your pc which completely defeats the purpose if you want to do something quick in a parking lot and have to struggle with the app.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report