Nikon AFS 24-70 F2.8 Widezoom Lens
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- There it is, the ultra-rare citrine wagtail! With the 24-70mm zoom range (DX equivalent 36-105mm) you'll be able to capture every detail of this beautiful bird without getting too close and scaring it away.
- The Silent Wave Motor ensures autofocus happens quickly and quietly, so the citrine wagtail searches for food, unperturbed, while you adjust focus for the perfect shot.
- If you were somehow able to get really close to the citrine wagtail (perhaps you have innate ninja skills?), you could use the lens's closest focusing distance of 0.38mm (at 50mm) to get an incredible close-up shot.
- Enjoy unbeatable edge to corner sharpness when compared to fixed focal lenses.
- Capturing images of the citrine wagtail is a once-in-a-life opportunity so you're grateful for the lens's ED glass, which helps minimize chromatic aberration and helps create accurate colours.
- If your camera's autofocus isn't getting the job done, or you prefer to be totally hands-on, you can take advantage of the instant manual focus override.
- The rubber mount seal provides professional-grade dust and moisture resistance, so you won't have to worry when you're slogging through the marsh as you chase the citrine wagtail.
- Slim and lightweight design
- Includes a detachable hood and soft pouch (CL-M3)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 158 reviewers who responded, 157 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- All Around Great Lens- September 7, 2016
This is a wonderful walk-around lens! At first I was a little apprehensive purchasing the non-VR model, but the price difference did influence my decision. I had also read previous reviews complaining about softness in the newer model. I purchased this one several weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. I already have the 14-24mm f/2.8 and the 70-200mm f/2.8 and needed this intermediate range lens. If not tripod mounted, I do have to hold it steady, but the lens is relatively lightweight, so it's not an issue. I notice no image softness, the color is right on and I'm very glad I saved a few hundred dollars on this fantastic lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best investment- March 4, 2016
After studying and comparing this range zoom finder I can clearly state that it was not a good buy in the budget I had to work in. Most of my photography is under low light situations and the crisp clarity at 2.8, 6400, 1/200-350, in concert photography does not meet the overall standard reviews given. I am doing my best with it, but now I know I should have waited until I could have afforded the vr for this particular mid zoom. My 50 1.4 prime and 70-200 2.8 vr blow this mid zoom away. High Reviews under the conditions I bought this lens for are not true to my experience with this lens. Sorry I didn't wait.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great lens, a bit dated, but sharp & good quality- July 20, 2017
Overall, this is a staple in any serious NIkon photographer's bag. Great for portraits, landscape and general photography. A bit heavy, but solid construction. Fast auto-focusing system and great range of DOF. The bokeh (compared to the some of the 3rd party lenses) is also more pleasing and creamy smooth. You'll pay a bit more for this lens, but it's worth every dollar. A must have for portrait and landscape photographers. This one does NOt have VR, but unless you shoot in low light, save the extra $600 for something else. I can shoot this one down to 1/40 to 1/60s and still get sharp photos.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.