Nikon AF 50MM F1.8 Prime Lens
Available online only
Natural, exceptionally sharp images
- Standard DSLR lens type is great for minimal distance photos like portraits
- Multi-layer coating helps to reduce lens flares for better images
- Works with Nikon-FX cameras
- Camera mount lens for quick, easy attachment
- 50MM focal length is ideal for when you don't have much lighting options available
Wide aperture, easy focus
- F/1.8 maximum aperture allows for faster shutter speeds for less blurry images
- Aperture creates nice artistic photos with an in-focus foreground and blurred background
- Stops down to f/22 for excellent depth-of-field control
- Works with Autofocus with compatible cameras, helping you to take photos quicker
- Also designed for manual focus to give you greater control of your photos
Compact, durable construction
- Compact, lightweight design makes this a convenient carry-around lens
- Plastic body construction for a more durable lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 200 reviewers who responded, 186 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- As good as expected- February 16, 2013
This lens is 'D' version and very good for Nikon bodies who have auto focus motor inside like D7000, 90D etc. otherwise you should buy 'G' version which has auto motor inside lense (which is more expensive) otherwise you will have manual focus only (as far as my knowledge is concern). Also it is full frame lens and if you use it with cropped frame bodies like D7000 etc you get extra 1.5 FL which makes it 75mm equivalent so it becomes very good portrait lens as well in this price. Results are very good. You can take pictures in low light situation and excellent portraits. Lens is very fast lens in its category.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great Lens at a Great Price- April 30, 2017
This is a great prime lens. First, it's a Nikon, which means high optical performance & high quality construction. This lens works on all of my Nikon cameras - from my 1980's Nikon FM2n (FX), my 2000 Nikon N90s(FX) to my Nikon D7200 (DX) & my Nikon 750 (FX). It's autofocus is fast & accurate. The images are superb, even wide open. It is a must have normal lens for FX format cameras & an excellent long-normal, short-telephoto value for DX format. With DX format it makes a very good portrait lens allowing you to blur the background (BOKEH) which makes your subject more prominent. Versatile, fast, & a true bargain.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lens!- January 17, 2017
I'm not a great photographer but this lens certainly helps! If you've ever wondered how people take those professional looking pictures with the blurred background, the right lens makes all the difference. I bought my D90 a few years ago and have been happy with the zoom lens it came with. On the suggestion of a friend, I got this 50mm lens and been very happy with the quality photos it takes. The only drawback, if any, is getting use to physically moving back and forth to get the subject of my photos framed the way I like (unlike a zoom), other than that, I would highly recommend this product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.