Nikon AF 50MM F1.8 Prime Lens
Natural, exceptionally sharp images
- Standard DSLR lens type is great for minimal distance photos like portraits
- Multi-layer coating helps to reduce lens flares for better images
- Works with Nikon-FX cameras
- Camera mount lens for quick, easy attachment
- 50MM focal length is ideal for when you don't have much lighting options available
Wide aperture, easy focus
- F/1.8 maximum aperture allows for faster shutter speeds for less blurry images
- Aperture creates nice artistic photos with an in-focus foreground and blurred background
- Stops down to f/22 for excellent depth-of-field control
- Works with Autofocus with compatible cameras, helping you to take photos quicker
- Also designed for manual focus to give you greater control of your photos
Compact, durable construction
- Compact, lightweight design makes this a convenient carry-around lens
- Plastic body construction for a more durable lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 202 reviewers who responded, 188 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- great little lens!- July 31, 2009
What a great lens! I bought mine for 4th of July family vacation. I used express shipping and it was here in 2 days for about $170.00 total. Buying at best buy gave me confidence since there is a store just around the corner. I looked at other places but returned to B.B. I would recommend this lens to anyone. The manual focus wasn't a drawback. I actually find that the extra time it takes me to focus helps me set up the shot a little and notice the small details.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lens- January 29, 2010
I was excited to get this lens because I really wanted to have a low aperture. 1.8 is great. If I was to buy the 1.4, it would be a lot more money for darn near the same thing. It was worth it's money. I have produced some great pics. It is difficult to focus. You have to focus yourself, it won't automatically focus for you. But don't let that turn you down, it is a great lens to have.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime lens!- November 19, 2015
I took this lens with me to New York Comic Con, and it performed great. I was able to take some really good head shots of people dressed in cosplay. I highly recommend this lens. It is small, light, and sharp! With a 1.8 aperture, you can take some sharp images at low light, as well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Lens!- January 8, 2011
This lens was the "best buy" (cute huh?) for my D90. The image that the 1.8 aperture can deliver is really sharp. Very versatile for indoors and outdoors; low light or bright light, it works for both. If you want a cheap, high quality, mobile lens, this is a must have for the Nikon.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in love.- November 12, 2010
This is the best lens ever! It makes the most awesome portrait photos with incredible color and sharpness. I wish I had bought this a long time ago. It would have made my life so much easier.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns